Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Albums Disappear after viewing in Browser

Albums Disappear after viewing in Browser

Plan

Family Premium

Country

US

Device

Acer Chromebook

Operating System

Chrome OS

My Question or Issue

I've seen this a couple times, but my issue won't resolve-

Whenever I click on an album listed under an artist, it vanishes when I navigate back to the artist's page.

Using in my browser. I've tried

-clearing cache

-clearing data

-exiting browser (closing all tabs)

-Restarting computer

-Updating and then shutting down

I have yet to see a workable solution. Halp pls? It's not the end of the world just....really annoying.

Screenshot 2020-02-13 at 7.42.23 PM.png
Screenshot 2020-02-13 at 7.40.48 PM.png
13 Replies

Would really appreciate a response on this. I HAVE seen this issue go unaddressed in several places. Took a lot of digging to get there.

2 days on, still nothing. I'll be posting a reply every day until someone notices and says something.

Albums still gone. Still searchable.

MsLilliandra,

This has also happened to me and is very weird. However, I am able to search for them fine using the search bar. I don't know why albums disappear after viewing them because it only makes them more difficult for me to access in the future. Very annoying!!!

I am disappointed no one else has mentioned this before and that Spotify is beginning to lack when it comes to quality. Also, the inappropriate ads! Very frustrating as well. Hopefully Spotify is able to fix this issue soon, or else I may switch to another music streaming service.

mhigbee07

Day 3 since posting.

The world looks different today. Hopeful. Maybe someone will notice, and my albums will appear again. 

Barring that, maybe enough folks having the same problem will comment and Spotify will have to pay attention. At least go "hey, stfu."

Spoti-pai, notice me. uwu

Hey there @MsLilliandra and @mhigbee07,

Glad to have you on the Community! No worries, we're here to help 🙂

I've been trying to reproduce this, but no matter how I navigate back to the Artist page (clicking Go back or on the Artist below the album title or song titles) I'll always end up with all the albums still in place.

I see that you've already went through some good troubleshooting, but I recommend visiting this support page which offers a few more steps you can try to get this fixed. You could also try the desktop app and see if that makes a difference. 

If you prefer the web player, you can try using it in the application mode of the Google Chrome browser, which has some nice extra features like the mini player. Here's how you start the application mode:

1. Open our web player.
  2. Click on the menu button (the three vertical dots) on the top right portion of the window of your browser.
  3. Click on More Tools > Create shortcut.
  4. Set a name for the application and check the option Open as Window then click on Create.

Hope this helps! Let us know how you get on.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I'm also having this issue but across all devices. Also, mine is severe enough, that I can only access music I like via song search, as the albums have all been spirited away from the artist pages. I would really like a fix soon. Enclosed is green day's artist page when I first started looking at it, then after a few clicks... boom! No more albums. (bottom one before, top one after)😥

Screenshot 2020-02-23 at 8.33.28 PM.png
Screenshot 2020-02-23 at 8.32.56 PM.png

I am also having this issue, but seeing as I am limited to a Chromebook, none of your solutions are working! What should I do?

Hey Wyboss,

Glad I'm not the only one experiencing this issue. I believe that it is only Chromebooks that have this issue because it is the device I usually use for all of my Internet browsing and music listening, and from what other people are now telling me, this issue only seems to exist across Chromebook devices for whatever reason. The only thing all of us can do at this point is to continue reaching out to Spotify support and hope that a better solution is possible in the future.

Best of luck,

mhigbee07

Hey @Wyboss, @mhigbee07 and @MsLilliandra,

Since you're all using a Chromebook and this seems to be happening only on the web player, you might want to try the Android app version and check if that works for you. Head here to find out how to install the app on your Chromebook.

If this doesn't do the trick, it'd be great if you all could provide the following details:

• Make and model of your device.
  • OS version.
  • Approximate date when the issue started.
  • The troubleshooting steps you have tried so far.

Once we have that, we will pass it on to the relevant team, who will look further into it.

We'll be keeping an eye out for your replies, thanks!

XeniaModerator

Bonjour à tous,

Je ne veux pas du tout répondre à ce sujet, mais comme cela fait des heures que je cherche à savoir comment on ouvre un nouveau topic ici... et que je ne trouve aucune manière pour contacter Spotify...
Je voulais simplement savoir pourquoi depuis quelques temps quand je clique sur un album, sur la page d'un artiste, plus tard quand je reviens à la page principale de l'artiste, l'album y a disparu ? C'est systématique et curieux. Surtout que cela ne revient plus jamais ensuite.
Je tiens à préciser que j'ai ce problème uniquement sur mon Google Chrome. J'ai aussi, sur Google Chrome, l'autre bizarrerie (mais depuis toujours) de ne pas avoir en ordre alphabétique ma liste d'artistes pour lesquels je suis abonné, au contraire ils sont disposés complètement à l'aléatoire et il n'y a pas d'onglets pour trier.

Je vous remercie, si vous déplacez ce commentaire sur un nouveau topic, je ne serais pas contre.

Maxence

Hey @Maxence1917,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community. Hope you don't mind me answering in English 🙂

We've moved your post to the relevant thread, so that we have all information in one place. You can check out my answer I posted here and see if that helps.

Regarding your second question, I'm afraid that sorting Your Library content on the web player is no longer possible. However, if that's a feature you'd like to see return, I'd suggest you add your +VOTE to this idea to show your support.

The Idea Exchange is a great way for us to see what our users are interested in and how many people like a certain idea. You can read more about it here.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Give us a shout if you have any further questions.

XeniaModerator

Hi Xenia,

I am now trying to use the Spotify app version available on Google Play from my Chromebook, since it has the capability of installing apps from the Play Store. However, I enjoy having the flexibility of the Web Player, since I can open a tab and listen to my music there instead of having to open a separate window. Thankfully, the Spotify app version runs very good, although the app has the tendency of randomly shutting down. Also, the online Web Player continues to have issues with albums disappearing, and this is continuing to frustrate me.

Here is information regarding my Chromebook device if your team would like to further investigate this issue:

Make: Acer Chromebook

Model: CB3-532

Version 79.0.3945.119

Approximate date the issue started: December 2019/January 2020

I have tried everything else from updating my computer to deleting storage, but nothing is helping. If your team can further look into this issue, I would appreciate it.

Thank you,

mhigbee07

Also, I forgot to mention that the Spotify app on my Chromebook doesn't have issues with albums disappearing after being viewed like what my Web Player apparently does.

Suggested posts