Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Alexa Echo Dot

Alexa Echo Dot

I have two echo dots in different rooms and tend to listen to different music during the day. 

Problem I have is that I have a routine set up to “play xxxxxx playlist, in shuffle mode” unfortunately it won’t play the desired playlist but continue where I left off (normally from a totally different playlist).  This also happens when I say “play xxxxxx playlist”.  

This has only happened within the last couple of weeks.  For me to actually play this playlist, I have to use my phone/iPad to start it off.

I’ve unlinked my account and then re-linked it again, reset the devices and forgot the device via Spotify app but this only solved the issue on one occasion and revert back to the original problem.

Any other suggestions? Is it an issue in Amazon Alexa’s side or Spotify’s side?

thank you

I thought I’d solved it but the below only works for a few commands...

It seems that the Alexa terminology has changed from “In shuffle mode” to “shuffled” so she is now doing what she has been told, also the “Show Local Devices Only” in devices settings needs to be turned on so that she will start with the new command... previously was turned off so that the alexa’s show in the devices menu... ??? 

sorry if this is confusing!

0 Replies

Suggested posts