Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Discover] Using artist ID's for Release Radar playlists

[All Platforms][Discover] Using artist ID's for Release Radar playlists

So I'm not the first person to have this problem. Many people have stated before that often in Spotify curated playlists of artists they follow, Spotify will add random artists that happen to share the same name as the followed artist. This is beyond frustrating and it's absurd that Spotify is using this method for adding artists. Spotify clearly uses some sort of ID system to uniquely identify artist profiles, so why can't this be incorporated into the algorithm for generating these playlists? Many artists (particularly in Japan) also distinguish themselves by using capital letters, but the current algorithm does not take case-sensitivity into account. What are the technical issues with implementing this? Because at the moment the current system seems like a shortcut developers made years ago that was never properly cleaned up. 

1 Reply

Hey there @Untitled2

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

What you’re describing sounds like an issue that’s been reported before and our tech teams have been looking into this, so we hope you don't mind us moving your idea submission to a more relevant board. This way, other users having the same issue can find the relevant info more easily.

With that said, we’d recommend you follow the steps @Katerina posted in a related thread here to report any wrong artists you come across in your Release Radar to our support teams, who will investigate each report on a case-by-case basis.

You can also check out this idea, if you'd like to vote for a different functionality of the Release Radar focusing on your followed artists only.

Hope this is helpful but don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else! We'll be happy to lend a hand.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts