Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Music] Playlist Curators with (or aiming for) 1000+ Followings. Crossfade Priorities

[All Platforms][Music] Playlist Curators with (or aiming for) 1000+ Followings. Crossfade Priorities

Hi,

I have read certain posts over 2 years old in regards to the Crossfade options on spotify. I feel that there is definetley some points to consider, especially for Playlist curators with higher followings. 

One point I read was to have the track crossfade when you hit next - This would sound a million better for every user (not just those who think Spotify is DJ software). 

I Completley agree this is no DJ software - BUT... The ability to be able to add different crossover fades between tracks on playlists would be a complete game changer on the way that playlist sounds.

Or...

If the tracks were uploaded without dead air at the start and end (for those that dont fade-out) this would help on how the playlist sounds by miles.

Also...

If the individual crossfade point option is deemed more hassel than Spotify sees its worth, maybe there is a way to add a segue marker at the end of fading tracks i.e. when a track starts to fade-out a segue marker is put at the point where the levels start to dip. This marker triggers to play the next song in the playlist. Note - this should be a smooth transition (not like skipping a track) 

I do not have many followings on my playlists but do aim to have so by the end of 2017 and its bits of help like this - even if incentivised after reaching so many followings - that would really spur me on and strive for better!

Would be good to know peoples thoughts on this?

If you like it - Please give us a thumbs up 👍

If you love it - Share, tag and support 💚

Cheers

KSR

kstilesradio
0 Replies

Suggested posts