Premium

Country

USA

Device

Echo gen 3, echo studio

Operating System

iOS, macOS

My Question or Issue

Two echoes, and one echo studio, set up as a multi room, a group. If I add the Echo studio, the group disappears on Spotify, will not play on the Alexa app, and will not play with verbal commands. If I remove the echo studio, the other speakers work fine. This set up worked for years until a couple months ago.

I’ve done all the routines that I’ve seen online, including unplugging, everything, replugging, and modem, router, echoes. Making sure that everything is on the same network. On a 2.4 GHz network. Removing all groups . Making sure there’s only one group. Changing the names of groups and of devices. Making sure all echo software is updated. Reinstalling Spotify on my phone. Disconnecting and reconnecting Spotify for my Amazon account. Creating a non-prime email account to do all of the device connections.  

I can confirm that individual speakers work, or groups without the echo, studio, or a group with the echo studio playing on Amazon music. The only combination that seems to not work is adding echo studio to a group, and trying to use Spotify. 

4 Replies

Hey @stephendidit,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

Great initial troubleshooting! We'd like to gather some additional info. In this case, would you mind sending us the exact models and firmware versions of your speakers?

On another note, did you notice if this started to happen after a specific event, such as an OS update? It'd be great if you send us a short video recording of what's happening, so we can better visualize what you're mentioning. You can attach the videos in your next reply in mp4 format, or you can also upload them to YouTube or Google drive and make them public, so we can watch them.

Lastly, since you seem to have exhausted all the troubleshooting, we'd suggest to try getting in touch with Alexa support to see if perhaps they can offer some additional insights and further assistance. Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I too have noticed this same behavior with Amazon speaker groups with Spotify. Only some of my Echo devices show up, a speaker group that was active and visible one day will disappear the next day. It is quite frustrating. And I too go through all the same steps or resetting network, all devices, etc. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. My latest error is that some of my Echo devices are on a different network, even though I can see they are all my network. Eero did just update their network OS software though, so maybe Spotify is no longer compatible with it?  

It's all pretty infuriating, but I got mine to work again by doing what everyone else suggested -- calling Amazon. When you call, they'll walk you through the same steps you've done 20x already, but this time it'll work. So while l still have Spotify issues on Alexa, I don't have THIS Spotify issue anymore.

I am having the same issue.  Since adding an echo show 10 2nd gen, I can’t get my group to appear in Spotify.  Pretty sure it’s a Spotify issue as other music services work with the group- just not Spotify.  

Suggested posts