Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Apple Watch as an external storage for all your music

Apple Watch as an external storage for all your music

Hi,

I have an iPhone and Apple Watch. Both of them are 64GB - my phone is almost full (photos, videos, etc.), meanwhile, my Apple Watch is using like 3GB, since there is not much you can use all this storage for. 

My idea is to use Apple Watch as an external storage for music. I know you already can download music to your watch, however, this doesn't work well with the phone, since Spotify separates these devices. It would be great if I could listen to my music offline from my iPhone, while it streams music from Apple Watch. At the moment I can do this from a less-comfortable Watch UI.

I am looking forward for this to be implemented. Much appreciated! 

1 Reply

Hey @egorgm,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

We hope you don't mind us moving your post out of the ideas section to one of our Help boards as it fits better here.

We really appreciate your feedback, we know you want to make the best out of your listening experience. This is something we can't influence. For more context: the downloaded content must be stored in the same device where the playback is coming from as the offline content is saved within the app's cache.

We understand where you're coming from, and we appreciate the time you took to let us know about this. Your feedback is very important to us, because it helps us make future decisions.

If anything else comes up, the Community will always be here for you.

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts