Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Artist with Same Name

Artist with Same Name

Hi, i'm italian and not speak english very well. I have a problem with distribution my songs. I use tunecore and my songs are associated to other artis with same name. The problem is of tunecore or spotify? There is a digital distribution with the possibility to put link on "artist name:....." Help me please...everytime i must write to spotify for change my song in my profile. Thanks and sorry for my english 

4 Replies

Hey @safeofficial91,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Community.

If your music ends up on a different artist profile, or if another artist’s music appears on your profile, Spotify can get that fixed for you quickly.

You have two options for addressing these errors—either reach out to your distributor or label and follow their instructions or contact the Spotify for Artists support team and let them know that there’s music on the wrong artist profile. They’ll follow up quickly to get the details they need to correct the error.

You can report mismatched content if you see it live on Spotify, but Spotify recently made it easier for you to catch these errors before they’re visible to listeners: you can see upcoming releases within your Catalog in Spotify for Artists. If you notice an incorrect release there—or you don’t see a release that you were expecting—you can follow the same steps as above.

Spotify is working with distributors and labels to implement solutions that improve the accuracy of the catalog. There are millions of artists on Spotify delivering over 20,000 tracks per day, so it’s likely that there are artists out there with the same or similar names.

I recommend using a distributor that enables you to deliver music with a specified artist ID so it's added to the right artist page and there is no guesswork. Spotify has highlighted preferred distributors who are using best practices to reduce metadata problems.

Hope this clears things up!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi, 

I am having the same issue, i currently released my 1st Single through the digital distribution service Amuse. Spotify hasnt created me a new artist profile, so i cannot claim my profile. i have reached out to both my distributor and spotify and have not recieved a reply from either of them. Amuse has just approved my 2nd Single which will be live in stores 1st Feb and i am concerned the same problem will happen. If this is the case, i'll have 2 Singles on another persons artist profile, which is not great as it hinders my marketing and promotion and delay's the growth of my career, I would really appreciate if this problem gets resolved as quickly as possible so my fans and I can enjoy the hardwork and effort going into this art. 

Hey @Righteous7,

It can take a few weeks to hear back from the Spotify for Artists team. 

Sorry, but there's not much we (the Community) can do in this case, except pointing you into the right direction 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I am getting annoying music suggested in the Release Radar playlist. It is a singer of the same name as the other singer, but this one is somebody completely different with completely different, annoying music.

How is it that SPotify is unable to understand the difference? Does your recommendation engine is really that stupid as not to understand that Ron Man (name changed) (from 2020's) and Ron Man (from 1970's) is completely different singer? Is it really that your system is based around names instead of unique IDs?

Suggested posts