Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

songs have a duplicated or echoey sound on xbox series x

Solved!

songs have a duplicated or echoey sound on xbox series x

Plan

Premium 

Country

United States

Device

Xbox Series X

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I have been recently experiencing a weird audio sound whenever I listen to music on my xbox series x. With most songs, the audio sounds like its playing in a small room with a lot of rebound for the audio. Basically, it sounds like the bass was dramatically decreased and the the audio sounds almost duplicated for my headphones. I use HyperX CloudX headphones however I doubt this is the issue, because this is a recent occurrence. I have had this problem once before where I used the same headphones on my pc which was a Alienware PC X51. On this pc, I have experienced this same issue but only recently am I now having this happen on xbox as well. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @Aimé_,

Thanks for the reply. 

Apparently this issue came along with the latest Xbox update which featured some improvements to spatial audio, but introduced this echo-like problem with playback from Spotify. 

Our tech folks have fixed this in the latest update for the Spotify app on Xbox which was released today 🙂 

Check if you can update your app to the latest version (2.26), where this issue should be gone.

Let us know if that worked for you.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Plan

Free

Country

United States

Device

Xbox Series X

Operating System

Xbox OS 

My Question or Issue

There is some kind of reverb or desync error in the audio causing voices and sounds to sound robotic. Music is almost unlistenable and I haven't been able to listen for a few days now. I tried reinstalling the app, but to no avail. Please fix, it's getting really annoying.

Hi there @illusive_elk,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Can you let us know roughly when this started happening and if it's happening while using a headset or speakers?

Something you can try is to log in to a different account and check if the audio quality is the same. You can create a free account for test purposes.

Let us know how it goes. We'll do our best to get to the bottom of this.

AlexModerator

Hi there @Aimé_,

Thank you for your post in the Community. We'd like to take a closer look into this.

To start with, can you let us know if this occurs with a non-wired headphone or not? Also, if has a different cable, could you try switching it up to see if makes a difference?

On another note, does that happen with in-game sounds or only when listening to music?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Have a great start of your weekend 🙂

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I was away for a little while, but I got back on the 11th, and noticed that the audio quality was bad. At first I thought it was the headphones, until I plugged them into my phone and they worked just fine on YouTube. Checking the reviews on Xbox, however, I was able to see that's a review going as far back as the 6th reported that the audio was broken.

Hey @illusive_elk,

Thanks for the reply.

As this seems an issue with the console itself, we encourage you yo contact its manufacturer for further assistance.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

DianModerator

I don't see how it could be an issue with the console itself, as it does not seem to happen with other music apps or games on the console. Even if it is the console itself, it seems to exclusively it affect spotify.

Hey @illusive_elk

Thanks for your reply. 

We understand where you're coming from. However, we haven't seen any similar reports about this recently here in the Community. 

In this case, the best thing to do is to reach out directly to Xbox since we're afraid there's no much that we as moderators can do about this on our end.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Thanks for replying! 

Since I had posted this comment, I've been searching online to see if others were having the same issue as me. Turns out when I resorted to uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify, I noticed that there was a lot of comments under Spotify saying that their Xbox Series X were also producing the same audio sound and they wished that it was resolved. A lot of these people were referring to this glitch as an echo/reverb sound. This was found in the comment section underneath the Spotify download page in the Xbox Store. I have noticed that it is not a headphone issue as I have tried both audio from my HyperX headset and my TV, and still have the same audio issue. To answer your other question regarding if this glitch happens in game or if it's just when listening to music, I have played games with Spotify in the background to test this and I noticed that only Spotify has this glitch. I have played with the audio bar (The audio bar that appears when you press on Spotify from the guide menu, where it grants you the ability to turn the game or music down while the other remains at 100% volume), and have noticed that when I turned down the music volume and the game volume remained at 100%, the game volume seemed just fine, but with the Spotify audio turned up and game volume down, I can clearly hear the audio glitch. 

Please let me know if you find a solution!

Marked as solution

Hi there @Aimé_,

Thanks for the reply. 

Apparently this issue came along with the latest Xbox update which featured some improvements to spatial audio, but introduced this echo-like problem with playback from Spotify. 

Our tech folks have fixed this in the latest update for the Spotify app on Xbox which was released today 🙂 

Check if you can update your app to the latest version (2.26), where this issue should be gone.

Let us know if that worked for you.

AlexModerator

I've had sound issues with Spotify too on Xbox. It no longer outputs in surround sound with my Denon. It's frustrating. Somthing changed recently. 

Suggested posts