Premium

Country

UK

Device

Google Home

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Since the last posts a few months ago the Spotify Team promised to enable Autoplay on Google Home and has supposedly done so. However, for me it still does not work, despite a complete re-install and re-linking my devices.

Is it just an issue for myself or does everyone still struggle with Autoplay? When can a fix be expected?

6 Replies

Try the live support and ask them agin. If nothing come to me.

Hi there @Neratils,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community about this.

Can you let us know how you're  starting playback? For an example with voice command or connect? Also does it not work if you ask for a song or a playlist?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi @Jeremy,

I tried various ways of starting playback, with voice commands, via Android app, and via Windows app.
I've asked for songs, playlists and albums, none of which worked with Autoplay.

The only way I can get Autoplay to work is when I specifically say "OK Google, play XXX with Autoplay". Then it works.

When I go under Spotify settings, the Autoplay slider automatically turns "off" when it starts playing a new song, and trying to reactivate it just cancels playing the song. If I then re-play the song, the slider stays on but Autoplay does not work.

Hey again @Neratils,

Thank you for getting back in touch and for the provided information.

In this case it would be great if you can have someone log in with their Premium account on your device to see if the issue persists. This will help us understand if it's account related or not.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator

Hi @Jeremy,

Someone else tried with their Premium Account now, and the same issue still persisted.

So I don't believe it's tied to my account.

Hi again @Neratils,

Thank you for getting back in touch with us and for trying out the troubleshooting we suggested. 

Can you restart the speaker either via the app or unplug it from the cord for about a minute to see if it makes any difference?

Keep us posted 🙂

JeremyModerator

Suggested posts