Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Black screen web player

Solved!

Black screen web player

I can't play music on web player. I tried different web browser and disabled adblock.

spotify.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I found the solution! 

Step one: Open web player
Step two: Right click,Inspect
Step three: Click 'network'
Step four:Press F5
Step five: Press CTRL+F and type play.spotify.com
Step six: Right click and click clear cache. Right click again and click clear cookies!

I hope I could help, I tried it in 2 browser ( chrome, opera) and it worked!

View solution in original post

18 Replies

Hi @Waldooms,

Clearing cache/cookies will be helpful.

You might want to see if the Spotify desktop app works okay on your device. Just download the installer at https://m.spotify.com.

Hi @SachiG ,
My desktop app works fine. Is it posible to clear cache/cookies only for spotify?

Got that error too at the moment. It did work a few hours ago though. Of course i cleared the cache, etc.

Btw i found out that they deployed a new version which seems to be not working with JavaScript

SyntaxError: missing name after . operator

Spotify.Web. (spotify.web.client.js Line 475, Column 12)

TypeError: Spotify.Web.App is undefined Spotify.Web.App.initialize.bind(Spotify.Web.App) (browser Line 475, Column 12)

I have the exact problem. Tried everything: clearing cache/cookies, updated all plugins, even did a reinstall of my chromebook. Seems the problem lies with the web player itself.

Unfortunately have the same problem since last night. I have tried to open the web player from different web browsers, cleaned the cache but nothing helped.

Does anyone have a solution so far?

I have the same problem. Anyone got any ideas?

same for me, web player does not work (chrome, iexplorer, firefox) but the normal app works fine

You can try manually selecting just Cookies and other site and plugin data when you go to Clear browsing data (found in Settings of Chrome).

Quick question, when you try using the web player on another browser, are you getting the same error message? Try giving it a go on an incognito window as well.

Ok weird thing. With the latest Chrome & Firefox it won't work even after clearing all the caches. Though opening a private session did work for me (at least in FF). However, i don't want this as permanent solution.

edit: It seems that my Firefox had troubles deleting cookies and/or the cache. After removing those with third-party software I am again able to use the web client by normal means 😉

Marked as solution

I found the solution! 

Step one: Open web player
Step two: Right click,Inspect
Step three: Click 'network'
Step four:Press F5
Step five: Press CTRL+F and type play.spotify.com
Step six: Right click and click clear cache. Right click again and click clear cookies!

I hope I could help, I tried it in 2 browser ( chrome, opera) and it worked!

Thanks

Hello,

The solution you mentioned, didn't work for me. I'm using Google's Chrome now for playing the Spotify webplayer. No problems there...

I did so and this popped up...

Screenshot 2018-01-15 at 20.02.04.png

It also won't let me click anything.

somehow I tried to delete the cache but it didnt work, any other solution?

I tried this, but "play.spotify.com" didn't show up. I cleared some other caches and was able to go through the sign-in process, but as soon as I was signed in, the screen loaded and then went black. 

(I also couldn't click anything. I used shift+ctrl+c to open the inspect screen up)

For me helped: when loading the page again (F5), i shortly could see, the normal Spotify page. I clicked on "next Song". As soon Spotify changed the Song, everything worked fine.

Suggested posts