Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Blackberry OS7] Unstar Track Causes System Hang & Login does not work over 2/3G

[Blackberry OS7] Unstar Track Causes System Hang & Login does not work over 2/3G

Hi,

Just thought I should let you know - tried it a couple of times - clicking "Unstar track" causes my Blackberry to hang and require the battery to be removed in order to restart the device.

Should be able to provide event logs if req'd, provided they are dumped before it hangs.

Additionally, I am unable to log in over GPRS/3G.

Device information:

Blackberry 9900 (Bold)

OS 7.1 (v.7.1.0.714)

Carrier: O2 UK.

2 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Interestingly, I am using the same phone, software and carrier as you are! 

Just had a quick play with this, I can reproduce this on my phone, so it looks like a bug. However, it only crashes on playlist view, if I unstar a track from the now playing screen by pressing the star button it is fine! Luckily, I don't need a battery pull, my client exits with "Uncaught Exception: Application Spotify(628) is not responding: process terminated. I will open this up as a bug with the Spotify team, however don't expect a fix, since the BlackBerry client is pretty much never updated. 

Also, for not being able to sign in using the mobile network, I had this issue too and have posted the solution here 😉

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Bug reported - Thanks for highlighting this! 

The official bug topic is here

Please continue any discussion about this issue on the bugs topic.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts