Type in your question below and we'll check to see what answers we can find...
If you couldn't find any answers in the previous step then we need to post your question in the community and wait for someone to respond. You'll be notified when that happens.
Simply add some detail to your question and refine the title if needed, choose the relevant category, then post.
Before we can post your question we need you to quickly make an account (or sign in if you already have one).
Don't worry - it's quick and painless! Just click below, and once you're logged in we'll bring you right back here and post your question. We'll remember what you've already typed in so you won't have to do it again.
Hey, I had started to use Spotify for gear s3, for the last 2 months. Throughout that time, I have faced too many bugs, that repeat themselves:
1. *Anytime* someone calls me, and I decline it by sending a message, the Spotify app starts to play a song. Note that: I didn't play any song before.
2. Somtimes, when I go out to run, and the Samsung health app tells me my status(Distance, average pace, etc.), Spotify suddenly stops to play any song. Even though I closed and then reopen it, disconnect and reconnect the Bluetooth earphones, etc. Furthermore, when I try to play any song without earphones, it shows the green circle as it it is played, but it is not. And yes, the volume is up, and not muted. The same thing happens when I try to use earphones. So the only way to fix it, is to restart the device, which is something pretty annoying to do when you run, especially when the watch keeps tracking of you.
3. I have got a playlist, which is set to "download" on my gear s3. Anytime I decided to add new song to it, by using Spotify on the PC or smartphone, the song is shown as downloaded on the device, but when I try to play it *offline*, it ''jumps" to the first song of the playlist. So the only way to play a new song, is online, which again, doesn't help me to hear songs when I go out to run. I tried to turn off "download" from the specific playlist, and turn it on again. Also, I tried turning off and on the app, and the device. None of them helped me hear the song offline, although it is shown as already downloaded. The only thing that made it possible to hear it offline, is to delete Spotify app, redownload it(to the gear s3), and then log in to my account. Which makes it very tough to get new songs on my playlist, rapidly.
4. I can not shuffle play a playlist. When I click "shuffle play", the app starts play a random song, but then it just proceeds in the original line of the playlist. Moreover, when it gets to the final song, it stops playing, and I should start play the playlist again manually.
5. I can not log into my account on gear with Facebook.Here is the only solution I have found so far:
Account>Set device password> send email to set password.
You get into your account through spotify online, on your browser.
It's important to remember both passwrod&username, because you need them both to get into your account on your gear.
Frankly, that's the only way I know to log in into your spotify account on gear.
I really enjoy from using Spotify Premium's service, and I would like it to be as fun and useful on my watch, as it is in any other device. Those bugs are pretty massive and disturbing, and they are the kind of things that will make me use another service, what I really don't want to do.
I will be more than happy if you fix it, thank you!
Bellow I'll number each issue and give you some info/troubleshooting for each:
1. This was reported here. If there's an update about it, it'll be posted there.
2. Try increasing or lowering the volume after. Personally, I've seen that a specific application or notification automatically mutes the multimedia volume, so I just have to push the volume button for Spotify to keep going as usual.
3. This was also reported here and the right team is looking into it. However, we don't have any recent updates about it.
4. Do you get the same Shuffle behavior if you log out of Spotify and back in? Also, does it happen when the app is set to Offline or when you're streaming?
5. Right now, as your Spotify account was created via Facebook, the username is a string of numbers (or alphanumeric), this is the only way to have a device password for now. If you want to use Spotify without Facebook, you can find all the info about it here.
All the best.
“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.” ― Maria Augusta von Trapp
2. I have already tried to do so, and it didn't work. 4. Yes, it happens also when I log out and then log in. It happens only when I'm offline. 5. I want to use Spotify with Facebook, but the Spotify gear app, doesn't support the option of signing in with Facebook.
1,3 - Please fix them ASAP, those are recurring bugs, and big corporation as Spotify, should not have them.