Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can no longer search playlist by typing / "The" bands are all alphabetically under 'T' now

Solved!

Can no longer search playlist by typing / "The" bands are all alphabetically under 'T' now

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Macbook Pro 2018 

Operating System

macOS High Sierra v10.13.6

My Question or Issue

Hello there -

I just noticed this issue today.. I have a giant playlist (1100+ songs) and I usually keep in alphabetical order, then (with a song in the playlist highlighted) type the first letter of the artist when I'm trying to search for a specific song of theirs. For whatever reason, I can no longer do this. 

Also, noticed that any bands that have 'The' in front of the name are arranged under T now (same for 'A') - which is a little bit of a pain.

Was wondering what I could do to fix this, if possible. 

Thanks!!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @shelaffs and @spiderbags,

We just wanted to give you an update on this: this is an issue which the relevant team are now aware of and looking into.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Thanks again!

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Hey @spiderbags.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

Do you mind sending over a screen recording illustrating the issues? Once we have that we can look into it.

In the meantime, could you let us know the exact version of the Spotify app you're on?

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your reply.

Hello!

I can't really take a screenshot of the typing issue, but here are a couple of screenshots for the 'A' / 'The' issue.

Also, my spotify version is 1.1.4.197.g92d52c4f

Screen Shot 2019-04-25 at 7.09.45 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-04-25 at 7.08.40 PM.png

I'm having the same issue. Spotify version 1.1.5.153.gf614956d on Windows 10 and 8.5.2.666 on iOS 11. Behaving the same way on both. I just noticed it today when I saw that a playlist order on my PC didn't match up to my iphone. I closed and reopened the app on my iphone and the order matched, but I realized the order changed to no longer ignore articles like A & The.

2019-04-29_10h09_33.png
2019-04-29_10h09_43.png
2019-04-29_10h10_00.png

Thanks for sending over those screenshots.

We just wanted to let you know that we've reported the sorting issue to the relevant team, and that they are going to look into it. We will provide you with any updates in this thread.

As for the issue regarding searching using the keyboard, there's a separate thread for that here. Make sure to head over there and leave the requested information.

Thanks! Let us know if you have any other questions.

Update: After closing Spotify for the night and re-opening it this morning I'm right back where I was. All the issues are back.

I just wanted to post an update that I contacted @SpotifyCares on twitter. I had many issues going on, of which this was one. They said they saw "a hiccup" with my offline cache and cleared it with my permission, then said to reinstall for best results.

I'll have to redownload my offline playlists but this did fix all the issues I was having and t tracks that start with A and The are now in their proper place. Definitely reach out to them and see if the issue might be the same for you!

Marked as solution

We just wanted to give you an update on this: this is an issue which the relevant team are now aware of and looking into.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Thanks again!

Just to let you know, this issue is still very relevant and one of the most off putting issues i've had in many years of paid use.

Please poke the team with a stick to get this fixed. I know when my boss pokes me with a stick I code harder 😛

@ModalInc haha, OK, let me just find that stick...

spotify:track:3y3brCCecHC3Db18aIOnny:small

In the meantime until Spotify gets their stuff together, I installed an old version (1.0.85) and prevented it from updating. This fixed all issues I was experiencing.

Is this still an issue? For those of us with huge playlists this would be an incredibly huge feature to have back. Or at least make the "Filter" option static at the top of the screen so we have some way to locate songs on a playlist without having to scroll all the way to the top...

You also used to be able to click on the song title that is playing to go directly to the location of that song, but even that stopped working.

I have the same problem, this have now been an issue for a while... when re-install the spotify application, it works for a while and stops.

The problem is, I have a playlist I've created. 

1. WHEN IT WORKS: Simply go to a playlist, type example "Better"... Spotify automatically finds songs in your playlist that starts with "Better" in the title. Now it's not working. still

Suggested posts