Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot find play queue on the new Spotify Web Player

Cannot find play queue on the new Spotify Web Player

Screenshot (80).pngHi, I have been using the Spotify Web Player, the one with a newer look, for a few days. In the previous Web Player layout, I could find the play queue button easily. But now I cannot find it. Does anyone know where it is?

15 Replies

Hey @Zr_404d5,

This feature may not be available yet in the new web player. Hopefully it'll be available soon.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

The new version of the web player seems to be quite broken. Before the update, my volume settings were perfectly fine. After the update, whenever an ad plays, my volume reverts to full, then after the ad, my music then starts playing at full volume too. I have my volume set to really low normally, and this has been enough to make me stop using Spotify 90% of the time.

Came here looking for an answer to this, too. Thanks for asking about this!

I'm kinda new but see the magenta box in this screenshot. I don't have enough personal history to understand what it was like in the past. Hope this helps.

Update: after checking the app I now see that there are tabs for Queue and History. In the web player there is no History tab. I can see that not having features in the web player that the app provides can be frustrating. **bleep**, Im old but I can't solve the world government thing, so that's why I stick my head in the sand and have "fun" with Spotify--lol.

Side note: I thought I was being good but the censor didn't even let me say the word "Cwap"--sheesh.

PQ.jpg

I have also been annoyed by this, as my work has blocked the app being downloaded but not the web player.... weird i know.

Basically, you can still do it! however, you need to do it through a phone/app which is connected to the same account. this is also the case for queuing artist radios, it works in exactly the same way and you can view and edit the queue from your device.

Hope this helps

They have finally integrated the web player queue to sync with the app however you can't see the queue in with the web player. Before the web player and app were independent of each other and could play different songs on the same account at the same time. 

Appreciate all the replies. At least I feel more sane knowing it's not just that I'm overlooking it. Didn't realize web app was so new. Maybe the devs have it on the roadmap and we'll see it added soon/eventually. I'll look into desktop or phone app for now.

Thx again!

My recommendation is getting onto Twitter and asking Spotify to put it back. When I asked them there they said if enough people want it back, they'll put the queue button back

How is this feature not available yet?

The queue is kind of the whole appeal of Spotify versus Pandora, or versus a paid subscription to a music service.

I tolerate the Spotify ads because of its functionality.

The fact that the queue disappeared (even temporarily) when they transitioned to a new web player is pretty ridiculous.

It should have been a top priority.

Not to mention...that you posted at the start of February and it is now well into May!

If this feature doesn't come back soon, I am definitely going to have to find a new service to use for my music...

Do you hear that, Spotify?!?

I voted it!

We shouldn't have to vote to bring back previous functionality! F'ing ridiculous.

any news?

@ThomasGHenry

This is the latest status update from Spotify:

"Hey folks, thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange with your feedback around the Web Player. With this updated version you can see a new design, improved performance and Spotify Connect integration. While we don't have plans to bring back the play queue at this moment, Spotify are still testing and improving the new web player and are taking on board all feedback! We'll keep an eye on this idea as you continue to leave votes and comments."

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Bottom right-hand corner, play symbol with lines= play queue screen.

Suggested posts