Premium

Country

Germany

Device

(Chromecast v1, iPhone SE, Windows 10)

Operating System

(latest on all devices as of today)

My Question or Issue

When playing is transferred to Chromecast like an album or a playlist songs are not finished. This happens both when transferred from Windows App or iPhone App. It does not make a difference whether the app is active or closed.

You can manually go to near the end and it will play completely.

Top Answer
Dian
Spotify Legend

Hey there,

Thanks for the reports and the info shared.

Please make sure you're running the latest version of the Spotify app (8.8.78 at the time of posting this) and let us know if you experience the same behavior. If you do, we'd need a vide recording of the experience together with the device make, model and OS.

Keep us posted.

Cheers!

53 Replies

Hi there @ilionde,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Currently Chromecast doesn't support the Crossfade and Automix feature. This is most likely what's causing your issue and why the songs don't play the last 10 seconds. 

Try disabling Crossfade and Automix from your mobile or desktop device, before casting to Chromecast and see if that fixes the issue. 

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, thanks for proposing the check.

The settings were disabled already. I enabled them for a test and disabled them again. This did not make a difference.

However I found one difference. When playing an album or playlist from my personal library all songs are played until the end. Only when playing music from other areas songs are cut off at the end. Any idea?

I have the exact same issue. Crossfade is disabled on my end as well.

Same issue here. Both options disabled or Crossfade set to 0 did not help. Issue happens on MacOS and iOS.

Hi folks,

Thanks for the replies.

In order to look further into this, can you send us the following info:

• Device mode and OS version for the device which this is happening on
  • Spotify app version
  • Does it happen when you listen to music straight from your device (phone/ computer) or only when you cast to a speaker/ TV etc.
  • Does it happen to any content in the app - songs/ playlists/ albums? Are they added to your library or not?

Looking forward to your replies.

AlexModerator

1. Samsung s23. Android 13

2. Newest. Just updated

3. Only casting to chromecast. Model name H2G2-42

4. Seems to be all content in Spotify. However sometimes I believe it didn't, but not completely sure how or why.

1. I've tried on several Android units (Oneplus 11, Samsung Flip Z4, Samsung Galaxy Tab 8). I don't believe it matters which unit that casts.

Edit: I've also tried casting from a Windows PC with the Spotify application - same issue

2. 8.8.62.491 on Android. 1.2.18.999.g9b38fc27 on Windows 10.

3. Never any issues when using local or bluetooth playback, only when casting. I've tried casting to different units with Chromecast Built-In, such as Nad AMP-1 and two different Sony wireless speakers.
4. Yes, to any content.

I've been casting music from Spotify many years and this first occured a couple of months ago. 

1. MacBook Pro with Apple M1 Pro - macOS Ventura 13.5 & Iphone 11 Pro - iOS 16.6

2. 1.2.17.834.g26ee1129 & 8.8.62.549

3. No issues with local or bluetooth playback only when casing. 

4. I dont have the issue if I play my liked songs. So far I only saw this with curated playlists

Hey there folks,

Thank you for keeping in touch. 

We really appreciate the time you took to post and report here. We've reported this issue to the right folks, who'll look into it.

We'll keep you posted as soon as we have any new information to share. In the meantime, make sure to always keep the app up to date with the latest version, so you don't miss out any fixes and stability improvements.

If anything else comes up, the Community will be here for you 🙂  

LyubkaModerator

1. Samsung S20

2. Apple Iphone 13 Pro

3. Ipad

4. xiaomi pad 5

all chromecast to Marshall Stanmore II Voice with Google Assistant

I also have this prolblem that was happened from Jul 2023, Crossfade setting is disabled.

It's stopped at last 7-10 second and then play the next song.

Hey @terrykoo,

Can you please also share the exact OS versions and Spotify versions of the devices?

Thanks!

MihailYModerator

1. Samsung S20 (Android 13, Spotify 8.8.64.554)

2. Apple Iphone 13 Pro(ios 16.6, Spotify 8.8.64.560)

3. Ipad 9 (not in my hand now)

4. xiaomi pad 5 (Android 13, Spotify 8.8.62.491)

Marshall Stanmore II Voice with Google Assistant (firmware 1601882801)

I'm having the same problem. Playing music over Sony speakers (SRS-X99) using chromecast feature.

It started during summer 2023. Before that no problem, then all of a sudden it switches song when there is 10 seconds remaining.

I'm playing Spotify curated playlist, like say Happy Beats or something like that.

I can't control crossfade or such for the speakers. I don't think it has anything to do with the phone, since the speakers are playing independently once it's been started.

I am also experiencing this. Both with downloaded and non-downloaded playlists.

After a lot of trial and error I set car mode to never and it stopped doing this. Really annoying having to disconnect to make one change, reconnect, then wait to see if it happens again. Hopefully this works for others. 

Hey folks,

Thank you for the updates!

Could you also provide us with the info @Alex has mentioned:

• Device mode and OS version for the device which this is happening on
  • Spotify app version
  • Does it happen when you listen to music straight from your device (phone/ computer) or only when you cast to a speaker/ TV etc.
  • Does it happen to any content in the app - songs/ playlists/ albums? Are they added to your library or not?

@lordmcfuzz @mr_nordgren 

And @JS-069, did setting car mode to never completely resolve the issue for you? It does seem like a very odd solution but in case it has fixed things for you, we'll report it to the tech folks! 🙂

Many thanks in advance!

VasilModerator

Thank you for this! It fixed the issue for me finally 🙂

Actually this is coming back time to time.

One thing I noticed, it is jumping to the next song EXACTLY 10 seconds before the end of a song.

Android app, Terris WLAN connected speakers with built-in Chromecast (most of them on 5GHz, some on 2.4GHz Wi-fi).

Hey @AiRLAC,

Thanks for the additional info.

Do let us know if you notice any other patterns in this behavior so we can report them to the team investigating this.

Cheers,

MihailYModerator

Suggested posts