Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Chromecast spotify app no longer plays sound

Solved!

Chromecast spotify app no longer plays sound

After several tests i've found that the spotify app does not play audio via our chromecast. Other apps (youtube, netflix, etc) all play audio with no issues.

The app GUI appears to operates as it should, showing playback info and track time properly. Just no sound..

I've found more reports of ther people experiencing the same issue very recently.

The update that was applied to the chromecast yesterday may be related to it perhaps?

We're using a gen1 chromecast btw. although it might also occur on gen2 chromecasts. (Can others confirm this?)

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Same here. Think it's been a few weeks at least.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

FYI: Positive news:In a related post people are now reporting this issue as fixed :

"Seems working with the new Spotify update (8.4.18.743)"

View solution in original post

19 Replies

As an addition; I've tested with a gen2 Chromecast which works fine; the problem persists though for our gen1 Chromecast. 

The same problemas here!

my gen 1 chromecast no sound ... please fix this ASAP...

This is ridiculous. Do the Spotify developers even test their code before committing? Imo spotify gets the award for worst maintained application in the history of Android. Your development team sucks! 

same here

Yes same thing happened to me  sound just quit 

Same here! 

Same here also!

Same here, but not sure when it started. I think it was after an app update. Did not see my gen1 Chromecast got an update.

What I see now are the same controls as on my Android phone on screen including play button. I can push play button on my phone and the button changes to pause sign. Nothing happens on my screen so no music is being played. Before I never had controls as far as I can remember on my TV screen. Hope this helps solving the problem.

Same issue. 

Same here. Very frustrating.

Same here

Same issue here with 1st generation Chromecast since yesterday. Affects both my Android and iOS devices.

Same as well. Tested reset on Chromecast, uninstall Home app + Spotify app and reinstalling without success. A solution please?

Marked as solution

Same here. Think it's been a few weeks at least.

Same here. This is absurd.

same issue

Marked as solution

FYI: Positive news:In a related post people are now reporting this issue as fixed :

"Seems working with the new Spotify update (8.4.18.743)"

Great, thanks for the heads up. It's working on my side as well!

Suggested posts