Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Constant skip of songs when connected to Bluetooth

Constant skip of songs when connected to Bluetooth

So, I like to listen to music while I work around the house doing chores, so I tend to play music on a Bluetooth Speaker or sometimes use headphones. But while doing that, I notice an issue... Spotify will jump songs, ranging amount from 5 - 15 songs and then land at a random one. When it happens on my phone, it burns up my 6 skips an hour as I'm on the Free Plan. This doesn't occur only on the iPhone, but on the MacBook and iPad too. I've restarted the app mulitple different times, but to no avail. The skips are random and this issue only started happening recently. Sometimes it even happens when I'm listening with AirPods. I think this is a Bluetooth connection issue, and frankly, I'm not sure how to solve it as it has been bugging me for a long time. And wondering if it was an Apple issue, I tested it out on an Android phone with similar results. Do let me know about the issue, and how to solve it, thanks... 

iPhone Model: iPhone 14

MacBook Model: MacBook Pro (M1)

iPad Model: iPad Pro (M2)

Android Model: Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra

Headphones: AirPods Pro 2

Speaker: Bose Portable Smart Speaker

1 Reply

Hey @Xavion_Kyte,

Does the same thing occur when you're using the web player or the desktop app or is it present only on mobile & have you tried switching between Wi-Fi and mobile data to see if that makes a difference?

We'd also like to know if you have any 3-rd party apps connected and, if yes, whether disconnecting them changes the described behaviour. You may also try unpairing and re-pairing the mentioned Bluetooth devices.

And lastly, please let us know if this occurs with all of your playlists. If not - are the affected ones Spotify-created? Send us a link to them if you can and we'll gladly take a further look into this.

Many thanks!

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts