Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Denon AVR-X2100W - No Spotify Connect

Solved!

Denon AVR-X2100W - No Spotify Connect

Just purchased a new Denon receiver and everything is working OK except Spotify connect, it doesn't show as a device on the connect page. I can stream everything via AirPlay OK, but connect doesn't show. They are both running on the same network, but I wonder if there are any settings I need to consider for spotify specifically. I have tried searching the forums but haven't come up with anything so far. If anyone could point me in the direction of some help it would be much appreciated!

505 Replies

Hi there,

This weekend it worked fine, again. But from yesterday the same issue popped
up again...

1) Denon X2100W --> controlled by

2) Samsung Galaxy S4 with Anroid

3) Spotify version 3.5.0.963

Hope you can find out what went wrong again!

Thanks for the support

Regards Eelco

Thanks for the info, I have sent the info to the right team.

Best regards

What's a Spotify Rock Star

, and how do I become one?
Marked as solution

I did a network reset and set Denon receiver back on factory sdettings. It works fine now!

That's great! 

What's a Spotify Rock Star

, and how do I become one?
Marked as solution

I have found the problem (at least mine) and the solution. Let me explain :

Spotify connect doesn't work when you don't use the DHCP function on the device. I had set my Denon AVR-X2100W with a static IP address (192.168.0.50 in my case), because it was easier to connect to the web interface with a static IP.

The Solution :

I found on the internet that there was a problem with the Spotify connect server once, but the problem was solved. If you have this problem a long time ago, it might be a good thing to retry before performing everything after.

By default, Denon AVR use DHCP function, that's why it works for everyone who performed a factory reset. If you don't know how to configure the network settings, you can do a reset too (here is the link : http://manuals.denon.com/AVRX2100W/EU/EN/GFNFSYvyalrwrt.php ).

Otherwise, you can modify this setting on your amplifier in Setup->Network->Settings->[DHCP : On] with the web interface or the remote.

If you still want to get a static IP for your amplifier, you can set an IP with your router. In many cases, your router is the ADSL modem from your internet provider. If you have a good internet provider (like mine, thanks Free from France), there is a way to set a static IP to a device, but the procedure is different for each router. If you have your own router, I think you know how to configure it. 

Hope it helps ^^

I had the same issue and applied your fix, after hours of research.

it works !!!

I wonder why this is not written anywhere in the documentation.

Thanks

I often enough changed the network settings on my x4100 from static to dhcp to wlan and back again. Sometimes it helped, sometimes not, with no preference for any of the settings. Most stable for me is fixed IP via cable. After this seemed to work for quite some time, I now have a new issue which bugs me. The spotify client on my PC does not detect ANY Spotify connect device anymore! However, when I start it, start some music on the PC and then go to another client (on my smartphone for example), redirect music to my Denon from there, lo and behold all devices are now on the list also on the PC client and from there on, I can use the AVR as a connect device as long as I don't switch it of. Whenever I switch it of it is back to start again :-(. Spotify is really great, Connect is a great idea and it is good so many manufacturers try to incorporate it but stability has been an issue for me right from the start.

Hi Rolly22,
Regarding Spotify connect on PC, it seems that many people (if not
everybody) other devices than their phones. I my case, I can't see my 2
chromcast (first model and audio version) and my Denon AVR-X2100W. But you
can find them on your smartphone, and once you're playing something on the
device (you're Denon AVR for example), you can view it on you're PC. I
think this is the only way for now. I hope it will be fixed soon.

Are you sure that it works sometimes with a static IP, this might be an
interesting fact?

Hi gaby-one,

your first paragraph does describe exactly the behavior I am seeing. Thx for this update, this is really depressing. Do you per incident know when this appeared? I am quite sure it worked correctly some weeks ago (only it took some tries to connect to the Denon correctly).

Yes, I am really sure that I use a fixed IP. I just switched from a Vodafone Easybox 904 (where I used fixed IP for the Denon for about six months) to a FritzBox. I tried DHCP with a static IP to MAC assignment and observed the above, thought "Dang, DHCP still not working" and went back to static, only to see the same. I am to lazy to switch back now because it works. Only right now I have to remember to always take a mobile device with me when I go up to my gallery to use the PC...

best regards, Christian

My network configuration is in the attachement...

Denon X4100 network.jpg

Mine X2100W not working with spotify connect for a few days now 😞
I see it starts connecting, but denon is just not responding. Since i didn't change anything, the only thing that happened is a spotify update.
Has anyone the same issue? It worked really good on monday, but maybe from wednesday it jus not working.
There is something in the air... must be sound waves.

Hi i have exactly same problem. Denon shows properly, but then only connecting and nothing else happen. Between all other devices connection is working flawlessly, but denon is not working at all and it is few days too. (I am pretty sure that I didn't do any upgrade of denon during last few days).
Not sure what is going on, but would be glad for any solution as I have already tried hard reset of Denon, router, firewall, check spotify connection from 3 different devices and still no luck.

It's working again :), at least tonight it looks so.

I am trying now, but it's not working for me 😞
Denon is working (internet radio, etc).

Worked just one day ... anyway as I really didn't change anything in my configuration anywhere I guess that this will be spotify / denon issue (so hopefully there will be update available soon which will fix it)

I am having the same issue. Two days ago I unplugged my X3100w and plugged it back in and it worked. But not working again.

I just tried it and it's working! I could play a few songs.

I'll try more today afternoon, just to make sure it's really working.

I think it's not the Denon problem, I have same problem on my ONKYO 626 - cannot find onkyo device on Spotify connect, but other devices ( as android mobile) I can see good. Can't understand what's happened whith Spotify connect and what can I do with thid problem...

Is this the PC/Windows version of Spotify? If so, please see above. It seems it has a problem with embedded devices like AVRs right now. Start your Spotify session on your mobile, connect to AVR via mobile. When this is successful, the AVR is now also managable via Spotify connect on your PC UNTIL the session breaks (you switch of PC or AVR). After that, restart the procedure :-(.

Right now i cant start it from mobile 😞 worked in zhe morning, but looks like it was just temporary. Yesterday i tried via pc, it switched on the dvr, but didnt play spotify 😞 well i guess i will just try and try until there is a fix.

Suggested posts