Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Your Library] Stick the Setting Album View Instead of Albums and Singles

[Desktop][Your Library] Stick the Setting Album View Instead of Albums and Singles

Hi so I was frustrated with clicking discography and it automatically put it in list view, even though you keep selecting tile view. Thank you for fixing that. Well another problem that stems from that one is the fact that it keeps resetting me making it Albums only with All.
Like each time I click discography it will show all of the artists albums, singles, compilations mixed together. Before the update it was separated in two columns, one albums, one singles, and it made it much cleaner to read and distinguish what things were. 
It just looks messy with it all together, and is very annoying having to switch to album view every time. Please at least allow the option to have album view stick and not reset. Even better would be an option to separate them into their own columns again, like it was. 
Thank you!

3 Replies

Hey @a7xstevo,

Thank you for posting in the Community! We've moved your post to this help board because it doesn't qualify as a valid idea.

We get that you are dissatisfied with your experience with the discography of artists and you want to be able to filter them. We'd like to point out that there are actually filter tags in place that can help you achieve what you're aiming to. See the screenshot below to orient yourself better.

So if 'Popular releases' is selected, when clicking 'See all' it will show all popular releases (including both albums and singles). In the case where you'd like to see only 'Singles and EPs', then before clicking on 'See all' you only need to apply the right tag so the results are filtered like you want.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey yes I'm aware of this, but what I'm trying to say is I want my selection to stay on the selection that I press.
Like if I click See All on a Discography and I click to show only Albums, I want it to stay like that until I change it.
How it currently is, is that it defaults to All, and I have to press Albums every time I click on discography. That gets pretty annoying, especially when an artist has a ton of singles that take up more space than the albums. 

As an example, so for a while it defaulted to list view and you had to choose tile view, and it reset every time you clicked on the Discography. But it was fixed so that it would stay on either list or tile view after you chose it once. I just want that exact same fix for All/Albums/Singles/Compilation filter. 

Hey @a7xstevo,

Thanks for your reply. 

At the moment, the "Popular Release" button is set by default every time you access the Discography section. 

In this case, we recommend that you add your feedback (remember selection) to this thread

The right folks will take a look at your comments about it (many changes are implemented based on your feedback).

Remember the Community is here in case anything else comes up.

AndresMModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

Suggested posts