Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Developer] dismissing ideas based on (old) votes?

Solved!

[Developer] dismissing ideas based on (old) votes?

so im a newbie warning here goes
i still suppose we are all valued customers premium or not, which is why i do not understand how an idea that has been put forward many many times, it seems can simply be dismissed because a “similar” idea was posted - perhaps ages ago - and at that time did not get enough votes.... yet the idea itself seems to pop up continuously over time...i guess its a flawed premise for any community where it can be difficult to navigate for many, so please someone smarter than me make sure to come up with a better way of really looking into valid ideas and suggestions, closed posts or not - some sort of follow-up.  if an idea is not feasible for one reason or another spotify just be honest about it - its the year 2021 already.
Guess what im looking for - a way to simply choose a black screen image, so my tv screen is not damaged when the same image is being casted for a prolonged amount of time. it seems to freely choose backgrounds is a big stretch for now, so in the meantime a black background would suffice.
and so as with many other great posts i do not expect to get that many “votes” whatsoever, hopefully just one right person can bring forward this messags to whom ever might be able to actually make the changes ;) feel free to copy paste to get it going!
the wish/idea is for ALL platforms, goes without saying for a wanted feature like this.
Have a great day

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @Spotter9,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

We moved your post to a relevant Help board where it fits better.

Keep in mind that we're constantly monitoring the Ideas board, so it doesn't matter if an idea was posted a few years back - if it's still a valid request and has a certain amount of votes, they are kept in the Ideas board and is possible to keep adding votes to them, so newly submitted ideas about the same topic will be closed and redirected to the original idea.

They're also left there because even though an idea wasn't accepted at a given time, it doesn't mean it won't be in the future, so this is the best way to keep them visible and for us to communicate any changes about it.

This also goes to ideas that didn't reach the required number of votes within a certain period of time. They're still open for voting and new ideas about it will be closed. This is to avoid clutter and ensure that all votes are gathered in one place.

You can read more about how feedback on ideas reaches Spotify here.

Regarding your actual idea, we suggest adding it again with a specific title and without any other topic unrelated to it, so it's easier to find for other users in the Community.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi there @Spotter9,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

We moved your post to a relevant Help board where it fits better.

Keep in mind that we're constantly monitoring the Ideas board, so it doesn't matter if an idea was posted a few years back - if it's still a valid request and has a certain amount of votes, they are kept in the Ideas board and is possible to keep adding votes to them, so newly submitted ideas about the same topic will be closed and redirected to the original idea.

They're also left there because even though an idea wasn't accepted at a given time, it doesn't mean it won't be in the future, so this is the best way to keep them visible and for us to communicate any changes about it.

This also goes to ideas that didn't reach the required number of votes within a certain period of time. They're still open for voting and new ideas about it will be closed. This is to avoid clutter and ensure that all votes are gathered in one place.

You can read more about how feedback on ideas reaches Spotify here.

Regarding your actual idea, we suggest adding it again with a specific title and without any other topic unrelated to it, so it's easier to find for other users in the Community.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts