Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Different tracks in different rooms no longer supported?

Solved!

Different tracks in different rooms no longer supported?

Spotify and Sonos are marketed togheter as a multiroom-streaming-solution, where you can "enjoy different tracks in different rooms". This has been true up till lateley.

Now, when starting a second spotify track in another sonos zone, the playback of the spotify track in the first zone is stopped and sonos shows a message saying "..spotify is limiting the number of simultaniously audiostreams.."

When did this change?, and why hasn't Spotify and Sonos changed their marketing? It is anyhow a drastical change in service quality..

Spotify marketing:

https://www.spotify.com/uk/sonos/

0:40 - 0:45 minutes into the video: "..you can enjoy different tracks in different rooms"

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Problem solved with help from Sonos support.

It was a matter of restarting Sonos devices..  I guess they appeared to Spotify as not belonging to the same Sonos-system for some reason..

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Spotify has always been for personal use, and it only allows one person to stream using it at a time - this has always been true.

Liam

The point is that the Sonos-Spotify-partnership is marketed with the promise that "..you can enjoy different Spotify tracks in different rooms (i.e. Sonos zones).." - View the ad-video in the link in the first post.

How do you reckon that this would work without multiple simultaneous audio-streams from the same Spotify account (you can only add one account to Sonos)?

"Personal use" and "one person" is not equal to "one device" or "one Sonos zone". Think about it. Multi-room-streaming, which is the meaning of Sonos-Spotify, isn't really true if you only can stream to one room/zone at the time.

Marked as solution

Problem solved with help from Sonos support.

It was a matter of restarting Sonos devices..  I guess they appeared to Spotify as not belonging to the same Sonos-system for some reason..

Suggested posts