Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Do the language tagger distinguish between nynorsk Norwegian and bokmål Norwegian?

Do the language tagger distinguish between nynorsk Norwegian and bokmål Norwegian?

Plan

Premium

Country

NO

Device

Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hey

While adding lyrics to some tracks in Norwegian I came across some tracks which were maked as "Norwegian (Nynorsk)" which I found a bit odd as I was not aware of that the language tagger applied a distinction between nynorsk Norwegian and bokmål Norwegian (especially given that nynorsk and bokmål are written languages and that the spoken language isn't normalized).

Thus I was curious about if the language tagger distuinguish between "nynorsk Norwegian" and "bokmål Norwegian". So far I only found "nynorsk norwegian" tags and "Norwegian" tags, but no "bokmål norwegian" so I was curious about if there even was a separate "bokmål" tag, and if the language tags should be taken into account or be ignored when deciding which written language form should be prioritized when transcribing the lyrics for the song.

1 Reply

Hi @Arikabeth,

Thanks for the post!

Lyrics on Spotify are provided by the company Musixmatch. It would be best to reach out directly to their support team, as they'll be able to answer your questions more accurately.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts