Premium Family 

Country

U.S.

Device

(Google Pixel 3A XL)

Operating System

(Android 12)

My Question or Issue

When we have premium accounts, we shouldn't be getting advertisements in anything. Spotify is double dipping, by allowing podcast makers to put advertisements in their podcasts. You're getting more money from us, for premium accounts, while paying podcast makers less, because they're getting money from their sponsors that they advertise in their episodes. We should not be getting any advertisements, period. It's your responsibility to not allow them to upload their content, unless they edit the advertisements out of their shows. The prices that they will want from Spotify for putting their content on Spotify is between and on y'all. It should not fall on us. Y'all have been lying to and allowing this to happen to customers, for a while.

Follow me

2 Replies

Hey @MadmanOnWheels,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

Spotify advertises that a Premium user can listen to music without ad interruptions, which is one of the key benefits of a Premium subscription. However, podcasts for both free and Premium users may include ads, and they can be either host-read endorsements, sponsorships or audio adverts within the podcast track itself.

A special feature is available that can dynamically insert ads within a podcast stream. This can be enabled or disabled by the podcast publishers. The desire here is to provide some added value for those who want to host their podcasts on Spotify.

The teams at Spotify understand that there might be some confusion on the fact that Premium comes with ad free music listening, but doesn't cover podcasts.

Hopefully this explanation provides you with a better understanding of the Premium subscription and the ads that you listened to. Apologies if this was not made sufficiently clear before.

Spotify cares about their users' opinion and they're doing their best to expand on the information sources available to be more transparent 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Either way, it's not right. It's giving right back, what is supposed to be taken out, but applied differently (to podcasts instead of music). It defeats the purpose. What's this added value in the form of, and who is it for/who all does it benefit? I can take a guess, but I want to know, from the source, so I clearly understand it.

Follow me

Suggested posts