Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Feedback for WP8 Spotify app Version 2.0.4933.0

Feedback for WP8 Spotify app Version 2.0.4933.0

Post your Feedback on the New WP8 App here!

35 Replies

my Feedback:

1. runs much smoother than the Beta
  2. Album art much better
  3. i have noticed while going between songs in the app, it goes slow
  4. UI improvement
  5. doesn't appear to be crashing every 5 minutes

all in all a decent update, and it is certainly better than the beta.

The app still crashes when connecting or disconnecting Bluetooth devices like for example headphones. This is especially annoying in the car when the phone is in your pocket and you wanna stream some music into your car stereo just by pushing the play button. It simply won't work because the app has crashed in the background. Please fix this asap!

Overall the app is more fluent and stable so the update is greatly appreciated. There's some hope that Spotify finally moves forward on Windows Phone, though IMHO the app is not out of beta yet.

Let's pray the next update won't take another 5 months. Also, what happened to the add to button? I found it really convenient to add a song to a playlist by just tapping on that button without having to go through the menu. Please get that button back!

if you hold your finger on the song view it will give you the option to add to...

I was hoping this was just a bug, but even after the new update, only 740 songs of my Stared playlist(among my others) are playable on my HTC 8x out of 923. What might the issue be? Those missing songs dont even show up in those playlists at all.

@iamthought wrote:

I was hoping this was just a bug, but even after the new update, only 740 songs of my Stared playlist(among my others) are playable on my HTC 8x out of 923. What might the issue be? Those missing songs dont even show up in those playlists at all.

Do they all show up in the desktop client? Also are you in online mode? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yes, and yes. Its been like this since the beta, and therefore I 1) Associated the issue with a probable "beta" bug and 2) figuered it was an issues others were having as well, but perhaps not widespread enough to be heavily posted about. 

Attached, are screensshots from my desktop and WP8 apps:

- The WP shot shows the number of tracks "in" each playlist.

- The second shot is a PDF of 3 screenshots of 3 playlists.

> My Starred playlist is the main problem. 923 tracks in it, 774 show up on my phone.

> The Ijuswannachill playlist is missing a full 100 songs on my phone, from the desktop app

> The Work and Listen playlist isnt synced on my phone but is on my computer. Only 2 tracks dont show up on my phone. Obviously not much an issue, but I'm just demonstrating the problem. My other playlists arent as important. 

Ive tried (during the beta, and after today's update):

- Logging in from my Spotify account

- Logging in from my Facebook account 

- Switching from Online and Offline

- Reinstalling

- Reading the forums 

- Scratching my head in confusion (which still hasn't worked :P)

So yea. If I can be more helpful, please let me know how.

Also: Im not sure if the desktop app just cant do this yet or what, but in the Devices section, my WP doesn't show up. Since the beta and now.

wp_ss_20130708_0001[1].png

Update did not do anything. At first I encountered login errors. I can now login, but not sync or play as with the previous version. I wonder why I still give my money to Spotify. I might change over to Wimp. At least they have a decent WP client.

Information:

- Norway

- Nokia Lumia 920

- Using both 3G and WiFi. Nothing works

- No error messages. It just doesn't work.

Still no support for local files I see, quite disappointing

Will not play any songs in my playlists or what's new. Can see all my playlists. Can see all my firends under people. Can see their playlists and top music, just nothing will play at all. Tried rebooting, resintalling, login/out.

- Reigsterded in Australia (Premium), Phone is currently in the UK

- Nokia Lumia 620

- Spotify version 2.0.4933.0

- Core version 0.6.4.133.gf895e111

- OS version 8.0.10211.204

- Firmware: 1030.6407.1308.0002

- Tried both 3G and Wifi.

- No errors seen.

- under Settings -> Offline & sync -> connection type shows 'none' and '! no network available'

I would also like to add to the list of bugs not only does Spotify crash on (dis)connecting bluetooth devices, but also on incoming and outgoing calls. So nothing changed, the app is as buggy as ever. Songs still randomly pause.

Now if it's really true that the app is built directly at Microsoft, does that mean Microsoft is not able to build a stable version for their own operating system? And even so after 5 months of the initial beta release? What does that mean for other developers? How are they supposed to build stable apps? WhatsApp certainly hasn't managed to do so yet. 

I'll give my Lumia 920 a chance till the beginning of November. If after 1 year my 2 most important apps haven't become stable for whatever reason, I'll switch to Android. It's just no use...

i agree. i wish they would incorporate it. it's possible to be in future updates.

@Gromit83 have you tried a clean reinstallation?

@Cygnus have you tried a clean reinstallation? are you sure you have the new update?

if you mean by deleting app, rebooting and then installing. Then yes. but I'm not resetting the phone. It got bricked the last time.

Will not play any songs in my playlists or what's new. Can see all my playlists. Can see all my firends under people. Can see their playlists and top music, just nothing will play at all. No Sync. offline. Tried rebooting, resintalling, login/out.

- Reigsterded in O2 Germany

- Samsung Ativ S

- Core version 0.6.4.133.gf895e1a1

- Firmware: 2424.12.12.3

- No errors seen.

- under Settings -> Offline & sync -> connection type shows 'none' and '! no network available'

wp_ss_20130712_0001.png
wp_ss_20130712_0002.png
wp_ss_20130712_0003.png

@Jens_S wrote:

Will not play any songs in my playlists or what's new. Can see all my playlists. Can see all my firends under people. Can see their playlists and top music, just nothing will play at all. No Sync. offline. Tried rebooting, resintalling, login/out.

- Reigsterded in O2 Germany

- Samsung Ativ S

- Core version 0.6.4.133.gf895e1a1

- Firmware: 2424.12.12.3

- No errors seen.

hmm, very strange. have you tried filling out this form to contact customer support: https://www.spotify.com/us/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/?contact

If Spotify had any priority at all for their WP8 customers. It would have been fixed a long time ago.

Yes, that's correct. Spotify has no interest in releasing a bug-free fully featured app for WP8. I would be pleasantly surprised if we saw another update this year, not to mention a working one, but I strongly doubt it.

@mazze_germany wrote:

Yes, that's correct. Spotify has no interest in releasing a bug-free fully featured app for WP8. I would be pleasantly surprised if we saw another update this year, not to mention a working one, but I strongly doubt it.

i think it has to do with Windows 8 Mobile being fairly new, it's a growing Platform so i'm sure they're will be more updates.

Suggested posts