Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Garmin Fenix watch not showing "Your Episodes" playlist

Garmin Fenix watch not showing "Your Episodes" playlist

Plan: Family Premium

Device: Garmin Fenix 7

Operating System: Android (for my phone)

My Question or Issue

I really like the convenience (quick addition and maintenance) of the "Your Episodes" playlists for podcasts, but weirdly it is not showing up on my Garmin watch as available for download. All other playlists show up fine, but this one is missing, I guess because it's kind of special "system" one. Is this a SW bug that is known and pending resolution or there is a solution?

Thanks, 

-Boris

6 Replies

Hi there @BorisA,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

Does the playlist show up but has no option to download the content? Or are you maybe getting an error message when trying to download it? On another note, are you able to download Podcasts outside of the Your episodes playlists? If you add the episodes to another playlist, are you able to download it?

In the meantime, you can try some of these steps to resolve the situation:

1. Log out from Spotify on your watch.

2. Delete and then re-add the WiFi network on your watch.

3. Turn your watch off and on again.

It's also worth checking if there are any updates available for the Spotify app.

Let us know how you get on.

Susan_GPModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Susan,

I see the "Your Episodes" playlist on my laptop and phone (under "Playlists"), but it does not show up at all on my Garmin Fenix 7 watch. It is the only playlist I do not see on my watch (and it's the only "default" system playlist).

I created another playlist "My Podcasts" and have no problem seeing it and downloading on my watch.

Tried the logout and back in, updated the Spotify app (from Garmin Connect IQ => no change.

Hello @BorisA

Tank you for the quick response. 

As a next step, could you try connecting your watch to a different network to see if the same thing will happen? Another option to try would be to reinstall the app. It will ensure that you're running the latest app version.

If the issue persists, could you please send us a photo or video showing how things look from your end. You can attach them to your next reply, or if the files are too big you can send us a google drive link. Just make sure the files privacy is set to public access. 

Keep us posted!

MartinModerator

Thanks Martin, 

Unfortunately, the uninstall/reinstall of Spotify app on my watch did not help (or change anything). Connecting to another Wi-Fi network also did not change anything. 

Attaching a couple of snapshots from my phone and watch, showing the missing playlist only on the watch. 

20240304_205314.jpg
Screenshot_20240304_210116_Spotify.jpg

Hey @BorisA

Thanks for the troubleshooting you've done so far and for the pictures you sent over !

For now we'd recommend you to stick to the workaround that you mentioned earlier in the thread - creating a separate playlist and accessing that through your watch . Our teams will work on improving the availability of the Your Episodes list on the watch interface but for now we cannot guarantee that it will appear.

If there's anything else let us know.

MartinModerator

Thanks Martin, 

Looking forward to seeing this ("Your Episodes") feature enabled on the Garmin watch app. BTW, while at it, would be great if we could also rename that "system" playlist while retaining the functionality. 

-Boris

Suggested posts