Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Garmin][Other] Enable playcount for offline listening with Garmin Forerunner

Solved!

[Garmin][Other] Enable playcount for offline listening with Garmin Forerunner

I run roughly 40 miles each week and I use a Garmin Forerunner 245 Music watch paired with my Apple Airpods. I download playlists onto my watch and listen to about 4-5 hours of music each week on the watch (offline). I would like to know if spotify can track the play counts for each song and upload the data to spotify when the watch connects back to my wifi at home so that I can get accurate "release radar" and "discover weekly" playlists, as well as accurate "listening tracking" for the end of the year "Your Top Songs 20xx", etc.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @jrham

Thanks for getting in touch about this. We moved your post from the Ideas board to the relevant Help board, where it fits better.

We can confirm that what you listen to while offline and on any device, in this case your Garmin Forerunner, counts towards the total amount of time of music played. Therefore, it'll be taken into account for your Wrapped results and recommended playlists.

Hope this helps. If you need a hand with anything else, just let us know.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @jrham

Thanks for getting in touch about this. We moved your post from the Ideas board to the relevant Help board, where it fits better.

We can confirm that what you listen to while offline and on any device, in this case your Garmin Forerunner, counts towards the total amount of time of music played. Therefore, it'll be taken into account for your Wrapped results and recommended playlists.

Hope this helps. If you need a hand with anything else, just let us know.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Can you confirm that this is still the case? I've been keeping an eye on my stats with the stats.fm app, and none of my offline Garmin streams seem to show up there. 

Hi Eni, can you still confirm that the synced Garmin data is taken into account for Spotify Wrapped? I have the same feeling as jrham that this data is missing or incomplete. 

Hey there @den3y,

Thanks for posting in the thread!

The data from your Garmin should be included in Wrapped. If you've been listening from that device using offline mode, the offline listens count towards wrapped when you go back online.

We hope this clear things up. Cheers!

MariaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts