Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Getting rid of Hitler / Stalin on my home page

Getting rid of Hitler / Stalin on my home page

As you can see in the attachement, the home page of my music app has decided that I am interested in learning all about Hitler and Stalin. As important as history is, can I like, have a break from the Nazi party when I open the app that I use to listen to music? How can I block this stuff?

Screenshot 2023-02-23 at 15.34.36.png
5 Replies

Hey @HellishAbyss,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

Unfortunately, we don't have an option to hide/disable podcasts or to customize the home screen yet. However, two similar ideas have already been suggested here and here - feel free to add your vote to them by hitting the "Thumbs up" button.  We'd also recommend taking a look at their Status for more info. Any relevant updates will be posted there.

If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask. 

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Oscar,

Ok, so you've linked to two ideas totalling over 16,000 votes, but there's still no option to hide stuff like this? That's really not reassuring. In fact, it's the opposite. If after a historic amount of votes Spotify hasn't done this yet, I feel like they have some vested interest in showing me podcasts like this. I just want to get rid of dictators from my music app. Why is there no option to do this?

Thanks

Hi Oscar,

Please could you respond. This is, to be frank, infuriating. I should not have to go to the community to get rid of murderous dictators from the app I use to listen to music.

Thanks

Hi Oscar,

Still waiting on a reply to my below concerns.

Thanks

My question is:  why does Spotify recommend offensive podcasts like Stalin/Hitler podcasts?  Why?  And why does Spotify not allow subscribers to opt out of all podcast recommendations or select podcast recommendations?  Why?  Amazon and Apple Music do.  What would be the business reason for not allowing subscribers to opt out of these advertisements if the subscriber informs Spotify that the subscriber finds them offensive or aggravating?

Suggested posts