Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Google Assistant "Shuffle <playlist>" in Android Automotive doesn't work

Google Assistant "Shuffle <playlist>" in Android Automotive doesn't work

I have a single playlist which is 20 hours long. I always shuffle it. On my Google Home, or my Android phone, I can do this by saying "hey Google, shuffle ", even if it isn't playing already.

In my Polestar 2 running Android Automotive, the Google Assistant responds to "hey Google, shuffle ", and it plays my playlist, but it doesn't shuffle. It always plays songs in the order that songs were added to the playlist (ascending order), and I have to manually shuffle. I'm greatly annoyed by this and will likely start using bluetooth phone audio to get around it.

I can repro this 100% of the time.
4 Replies

Hi there @frozor,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community!

You could try logging out and back in to your account twice in a row. This may sound odd, but it'll force a resync with the app and your account.

If there's no difference, could you try asking a friend or a relative to log in to their Spotify account on the app in your car to see if they can replicate this?

If so, this may be related to the car's infotainment system and how the Google assistant interacts with the Spotify API, so it may be expected.

We'll be on the lookout. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Still doesn't work on Samsung Galaxy s21 ultra. I had a Samsung Galalaxy s21+ previously which didn't have this issue. Even with the command "Hey Google, shuffle my music" I will get back "Got it, shuffling music from Spotify" it will always play the same songs I chronological order. 

Hey @zluiz,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

In this case, we'd like to gather as much info as possible. Would you mind letting us know what troubleshooting you've tried so far? This will help us avoid repeating steps.

We'll be on the lookout for your response. 

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi I have been having the same issue. if i say "Hey Google, Play Liked Songs' it plays my liked songs playlist but in the order it was added. if i change up the phrase in any way it starts playing random public playlists with similar names. One of them is called "My Liked Songs" . I have been using Home Assistant as a workaround for now but even that is giving me problems. I am a developer and know my way around the android ecosystem if you need logs... 

Suggested posts