Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Google Home] Multi user

Solved!

[Google Home] Multi user

I linked a Google Home to my Spofity account.  The Google Home is configured for multiple users.  Myself and my wife.  We have a family Spotify account.  I have configured Spofity in the Google Home app to link her Spotify account.  

When she asks to play music though it is running from my account.  Does Spotify not support running from individual accounts on Google Home?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi, I did get this working. I basically unlinked the other account and then relinked it. I then restarted the Google home and it worked. (I restarted it just before bed and tested in the morning so it might have taken a while to work, not sure.)

View solution in original post

12 Replies

I'm having the exact same problem and all of my recommendations are being skewed by my partner's music preference. It'd be nice if it switched between them since it already recognizes multiple users. 

I have this problem. Me and my wife have separate Spotify accounts and separate Google accounts set up with voice match, with each Spotify account linked to the respective Google account, however my wife can't play any of her playlists or songs and when she does play something it is playing it through my account. Annoying when I'm trying to get the Mrs to buy into this.

Anyone have an answer for this yet? Same problem here.

Same here, quite frustrating.

Marked as solution

Hi, I did get this working. I basically unlinked the other account and then relinked it. I then restarted the Google home and it worked. (I restarted it just before bed and tested in the morning so it might have taken a while to work, not sure.)

So now you have 2 spotty accounts linked? Hers and yours?

yea. she can play her playlists with her voice and I can play mine. when she plays songs it's through her account and when I play them it's through mine.

I read up and it is a supported feature.

Sweet I will try this as soon as I get home

Hi,

We are a family of 4 (incl. 2 children), we have 3 Home Mini's, we use one e-mail account to manage all of them and have a family Spotify account with individual log-ins for each of us.  Can we do what you say you've done?

So when you said you 'unlinked' the account, are you talking about the Google account or the Spotify account?

Also, it would be helpful if you could guide me through this process...I've spent hours on this today.

Oh...and if you read up about it, perhaps you could point me to what you read if it is still accessible!

I think what he meant was that he linked one of his google accounts(a) to Spotify, (which then by default links the other one google account(b) to the same Spotify account), but then he went onto the other google account(b) in the google home app, and unlinked the Spotify account and linked the second Spotify account back. Then he restarted the google home with the switch on the power port (there is no restart button on the google home mini itself) I gave the accounts names a & b to make it easier to follow.

Plan

Me: Premium

Mum: Free

Country

Australia

Device

Me: Pixel 3XL

Mum: Pixel XL

My Question or Issue

So I've had my premium account for ages. Recently got a Google Home Mini, and love playing music through it. Unfortunately, when my Mum asks for music it abides, and has ended up messing up my daily mixes and whatnot, because her taste is very different to mine.

So, i set her up with a free account (shess fine with adverts). Now; when asked 'who am i?' she can tell the difference between us, and addresses us differently. Ive set up both of our phones with our seperate Spotify accounts, and set it as default on both.

Unfortunately, regardless of who asks her to play music, it's still on my account. Is there a way to make Google Assistant play music through the Spotify account of whoever asks her to play music?

Thanks heaps!

Suggested posts