Country

Germany

Device

Notebook

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hello,

For some time now I have not been satisfied with the music suggestions I receive in the Release Radar. The problem is that I've been listening to a song that isn't normally one of my genres or I normally listen to other music. I fell asleep while listening to it and ended up playing music by the artist or a playlist containing the song for a few hours. I now constantly get music of this type in my release radar that I don't want to listen to. I have always hidden the songs using the minus symbol in the Release Radar, but that doesn't seem to help. Two of my mixtapes also contain these songs.

Is there any way I can undo this or have it undone? Or is the only option to hope that this will eventually return to normal when I listen to my usual playlists?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @Creatiive,

The most effective thing you can do here is just keep listening to the stuff you enjoy and Spotify's recommendations will be adjusted accordingly. Still, some other things that are worth trying are:

• using the Not interested button in the Music feed - the content you mark as "not interested" will instantly be removed from the feed and won't show up again.
  • excluding playlists from your taste profile - that way, listening to those playlists won't affect your future recommendations.
  • hiding songs - songs you've hidden won't be played by the app and the app will automatically skip them. You can hide songs via the mobile app from the three dots menu > Hide song.
  • blocking artists - if you don't want the app to play a specific artist, you can block them by opening their artist page on the mobile app > tapping the three dots menu > Don't play this artist.

Cheers 🙂

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi there @Creatiive,

The most effective thing you can do here is just keep listening to the stuff you enjoy and Spotify's recommendations will be adjusted accordingly. Still, some other things that are worth trying are:

• using the Not interested button in the Music feed - the content you mark as "not interested" will instantly be removed from the feed and won't show up again.
  • excluding playlists from your taste profile - that way, listening to those playlists won't affect your future recommendations.
  • hiding songs - songs you've hidden won't be played by the app and the app will automatically skip them. You can hide songs via the mobile app from the three dots menu > Hide song.
  • blocking artists - if you don't want the app to play a specific artist, you can block them by opening their artist page on the mobile app > tapping the three dots menu > Don't play this artist.

Cheers 🙂

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts