Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Looking for a suitable stereo with Spotify Connect for someone with a developmental disorder

Looking for a suitable stereo with Spotify Connect for someone with a developmental disorder

I wonder if anyone has any recommendations for a home stereo system with Spotify Connect that is very easy to use.

I understand most system are meant to be used with the spotify app, but I'm looking for a system where at least play/pause and skip track (playlist selection would also be nice) can be done from the stereo itself.

This is for someone with a severe developmental disorder so ease of use is very important.

2 Replies

Hi, spotify have a website with a list of all compatible devices - https://www.spotifygear.com/ Check it out. 

If voice control is an option in your case, I would recomend amazon echo/google home. Simple and easy to use.

Thank you, but I've already had a look there. My problem in navigating the different products with Spotify Connect is that it seems it is taken for granted that people will control Spotify from the Spotify app. This person can not do that.

This is a special case. For this person we need something that is very similar to how she handles CD's today. It needs to be tangiable. She is not capable of making voice commands or understanding that something can be remote controlled. I will make playlists for her in the Spotify app, but she will only be able to control the stereo system herself.

What I am looking for is a stereo system that allows her to press play/pause, change song and (preferably, not absolutely necessary) change playlist with buttons on the device itself.

Suggested posts