Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music I play during a private session is influencing my recommended songs

Music I play during a private session is influencing my recommended songs

I have been listening to playlists while I sleep, like "HZ frequencies". My last daylist was all music like this. I thought if I enabled a private session it wouldn't influence recommended music?
3 Replies

Hey @sundog2,

Thanks for posting this thread!

I recommend checking out this article here for more info on how Private Session affects your recommendations. 

Hope this helps and we're here if you have any questions 🙂

IvelinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I read the article which states "When Private Session is on, any songs that are listened to won't be used to personalize playlists Made For You ." - however in my question, I noted that my Private listening IS affecting my Made for You playlists. My entire daylist was HZ beats even though this was listened to on a private session. 

Hey again @sundog2!

Could you let us know if other Made for You playlists are affected as well? For example Release Radar or Discover Weekly or is it just the Daylist?

What we could recommend for the playlists you listen to when you're sleeping is to use the "exclude from taste profile" option instead of private listening. Also, make sure Repeat is on and Autoplay is disabled if you haven't already, so that Spotify doesn't automatically play similar songs once you reach the end of a playlist. 

Cheers 🙂

IvelinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts