Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Plagiarized Song

Solved!

Plagiarized Song

So I tried going through Spotify's method of reporting this, but apparently that only works if you are/represent the original owner of the song, so I'm just gonna copy paste what I said here.

----------

Offending link:

https://open.spotify.com/album/55POjY3fZvfznMSgKk0pjm?si=mRaj4HgsSruYQpmgAZwScA

Notes/other info:

This artist, Kong Song GR, has only one song. This one song is an exact copy of the song One Minute by Deescounted, and Kong Song's version was released 6+ months after Dees's. Google recognized it as Dees's when I played it for it, and as far as I can tell there is no difference between the two.

Relevant links:

Deescounted's album: https://open.spotify.com/album/7mNuANkTy5JV3UxZVC1d9d?si=FSwyNgQ_QHOUf9J-JT1vjA

One Minute: https://open.spotify.com/track/3g6DCdWIxLpxYbsd6Sttmc?si=W5FcbHWXT56iuxNXvQYVXw

This honestly scares me, because the original artist has less than a thousand listens on each song, and this Kong Song group has over 22k. Really makes me worried for the little guys here.

---------------

So... Yeah. I honestly only found this out because I was trying to find the song on YouTube and discovered that outside of Spotify and a couple other sketchy websites, neither this group or this song under this name exist. Pls fix Spotify thanks

BTW I have no association whatsoever with either party

Edit: switched a link around by accident

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @minermaniac447,

Thanks for staying with us on this one!

With the useful info you shared since your opening post regarding the circumstance, we went ahead and made sure it's reported to the right folks.

As we took care of it, we can confirm there'll be no need for you to submit a report.

We can also confirm that the fact you're neither the owner nor an authorized party by the owner of the content isn't an obstacle towards submitting this report anymore.

Hope you'll find this useful. Feel free to reach out for anything else at any time 🙂 

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hey @minermaniac447,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

You can use this form to notify Spotify of an infringement or any legal claim about the content on the platform🙂

Hope you'll find this useful. Let us know if we can help any further!

Mario Moderator

I would be inclined to agree, but...SmartSelect_20200107-221021_Chrome.jpg

And then there's this field...

SmartSelect_20200107-221038_Chrome.jpg

And the most important one...

Screenshot_20200107-221156_Chrome.jpg

These are all required fields. I don't want to be convinced of perjury, but I'm not the owner or at all authorized by them, so I can't really do it that way, can I? If I said I was either one, the information in the notification wouldn't be accurate.

Hey @minermaniac447,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

Sorry about the suggested form not being helpful in the end.

Let us further look into this and consult the right folks so that we can get back to you with some meaningful updates. 

If there's anything else we can help you with in the meantime, don't hesitate to let us know 🙂

Mario Moderator

No problem! Hope this can be resolved!

Marked as solution

Hey @minermaniac447,

Thanks for staying with us on this one!

With the useful info you shared since your opening post regarding the circumstance, we went ahead and made sure it's reported to the right folks.

As we took care of it, we can confirm there'll be no need for you to submit a report.

We can also confirm that the fact you're neither the owner nor an authorized party by the owner of the content isn't an obstacle towards submitting this report anymore.

Hope you'll find this useful. Feel free to reach out for anything else at any time 🙂 

Mario Moderator

Hello, I just found an allegedly plagiarized song (kitelife - Le Voilier Nuage, which is a straightup copy of the original Frag Out by DJ Assass1n) - I tried to use the form to report it but it still wants me to state that I am the rightsholder/an agent and own the music... Is it safe to proceed and what options should I choose?

Suggested posts