NEXT STEP

Playlist Sabotage!

Playlist Sabotage!

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

My Question or Issue

So, I've been playlisting for some years and one of my niche playlists has organically grown to four figure followers. It's well cared for and people like it. So, naturally, here come the playlist saboteurs...

Yesterday I had someone report my playlist and I received the following from Spotify: 

"We’ve received notice that an image and/or description on one of your playlists has been reported as including inappropriate or offensive content and violates our Profile and Playlist Image Guidelines. Therefore, we’ve removed the image and/or description from the playlist on Spotify. Please note: the playlist itself has not been removed.

If you believe you received this notice in error, please respond back to this email with an appeal within five (5) business days and we will look into the case."

There is nothing offensive at all in any of the description and there is no copywrite infringement on the playlists avatar having used a stock image etc. It's fine. No human has obviously checked this reporting.

I wondered however whether the image I worked with may be an issue to someone as it contained a person (albeit freely available via Adobe stock images for me to use in any context) so I made a new playlist image, edited the description and re-uploaded the image. 

Immediately, I received another email from Spotify saying the same thing. So I smelled a rat. I resubmitted and immediately I got the same. 

So either someone was sat waiting for me to redo my playlists' details and clicking to report it the second it changed or, as I suspect, some kind of automated thing is going on due to the speed in which my list is getting reported every time I fix it - even with different wording and images etc (again, all completely harmless and non explicit etc). 

I leave my playlist for an hour or so, and try again. It immediately was stripped of it's image and description again. 

This goes on and I contact Spotify on each occasion and I haven't heard back. In the meantime, my lovingly crafted playlist that has gathered such a great following is description-less and imageless. Naked. Everything I upload or change (no matter how minimal and innocuous) is immediately stripped and I get the same email.

Why? Spotify, this is such bad practice. Presumably some salty playlister who wants my audience for his own playlist has triggered some kind of automated **bleep** for the sake of it.

Some people make a living through playlists - this is so damaging. 

Can someone fix the issue at Spotify for me now and look at a permanent fix for everyone who comes after me please. I assume there is some kind of software that can simply sabotage people's playlists and Spotify isn't party to it yet... I've given up emailing you, Spotify! We are your community - the people creating music and playlists for the good of your customers - look after us.

Screenshot 2021-11-09 122135.png

3 Replies

Hey @RoskoPeeko,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

We're sorry to hear you're experiencing this. We suggest keeping in touch with our Support team through any of these channels for further assistance about this.

We also recommend having a look at this idea. You can support it by adding your +VOTE and clicking on Subscribe in the three-dots menu at the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up-to-date with any relevant updates about this.

We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

Hope this helps. If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

This is a stock response (the same given to someone else I see who has recently reported this issue) and not helpful given that each time the playlist is stripped of its image and description I get an email telling me to respond to the support email if I disagreed. I did this every time before I turned to the forum. 

Can you please provide me with anything more constructive? My playlist is stuck in a perpetual loop of being taken down. I need human intervention please.

Hey @RoskoPeeko,

Thanks for your reply.

There's no much that we as moderators can do about this on our end, so the best way to get further assistance regarding this issue is by getting in touch with our Support team so they can take a deeper look. Remember that you can do so through any of the channels in the link I shared above.

Cheers.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts