Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Podcast navigation changed

Solved!

Podcast navigation changed

I listen to a podcast that has nearly 250 episodes and many seasons. I am caught up on the latest season, and now I want to listen to one of the middle seasons.

On the Android app, it used to be that when you open a specific podcast episode and pick "Go to podcast", it would show you that exact episode within the list of podcast episodes. As if it opened the list of episodes and scrolled to that one you were just listening to.

In the past couple months, this has now changed, so when you click "Go to podcast", it always brings you to the main page of the podcast and showing you the most recent episodes. To find the episodes I want, I have to scroll down very very far. The option to change the sorting from Oldest to Newest does not help, because I am listening to the very middle season of this podcast. The only way I can find the specific episodes I want without scrolling forever is by searching the exact episode numbers one-by-one, which is very tedious and inconvenient.

(This feature is also not available on desktop, though I'm not sure if it was available before. The entire desktop app has always been extremely confusing to navigate...)

Was this an intentional change? Is there any change they'll change it back? Is there some other way to jump to a specific episode within the episode list that I haven't found yet?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @clarab13,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

We can confirm that is expected behavior that the option Go to podcast takes you to the main page/top of the podcast. There's another option: Go to episode and that one takes you to the current episode playing.

When tapping Go to podcast from the three-dot menu of an episode, it shows you the podcast page from the top instead of the location of the episode you're listening to.

We understand where you're coming from, and we really appreciate the time you took to let us know your feedback. We think you can post your suggestion on our Ideas Board. Ideas exchange board is a place where Spotify users can share their feedback in the form of ideas, to improve the Spotify experience for everyone. Every user can suggest an idea or show their support for an existing one by voting for it.

Feel free to post your suggestion there, but take into account you must follow the guidelines for submitting ideas, so your suggestion will be approved more quickly and smoothly.

We hope you found this helpful. We're always here to help.

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey there @clarab13,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

We can confirm that is expected behavior that the option Go to podcast takes you to the main page/top of the podcast. There's another option: Go to episode and that one takes you to the current episode playing.

When tapping Go to podcast from the three-dot menu of an episode, it shows you the podcast page from the top instead of the location of the episode you're listening to.

We understand where you're coming from, and we really appreciate the time you took to let us know your feedback. We think you can post your suggestion on our Ideas Board. Ideas exchange board is a place where Spotify users can share their feedback in the form of ideas, to improve the Spotify experience for everyone. Every user can suggest an idea or show their support for an existing one by voting for it.

Feel free to post your suggestion there, but take into account you must follow the guidelines for submitting ideas, so your suggestion will be approved more quickly and smoothly.

We hope you found this helpful. We're always here to help.

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts