Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

SONOS - more than one stream at the same time

Solved!

SONOS - more than one stream at the same time

Since April 9 Spotify seems to block multiple streams for Sonos. When I start another song in a second Zone I always get the message that Spotify is blocking several streams at the same time and only continues with one single stream.

Does anyone else have the same issue?

I run the latest Version 4.1 (still beta - maybe a bug?) on Sonos and already restarted the system as adviced in another message here on the forum.

Thanks for your feedback out there!!!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello folks!

Spotify on Sonos enables you to have multiple streams on different Sonos zones (connected to the same network) with a single Spotify Premium account.

However, some technical issues are currently preventing some users from doing so.
Our teams are working on fixing this temporary problem, and we hope to be back to normal very soon.

We apologize for the inconvenience and will keep you posted.

-----------------------------

Rocio

Community Manager

Use the "Accept as solution" button if your problem has been solved 🙂

♬Music is life♬

View solution in original post

15 Replies

Experienced the same issue today, maybe it has been a problem since 9 april, I don´t know.

Posted this issue both on Sonos and Spotify contact forms.

Checking Wimp they do advertise their service as different music/different zone compatible and I´ve had Wimp before without any problems doing so.

This is a major flaw if it isn´t solved. Even with two premium accounts I´m hesitant about if it´s possible to use them within the same Sonos network.

I encountered the same problems. Since a few weeks the stream on Player 1 is stopped after Player 2 started it's stream. Restart didn't help. Any ideas?

Marked as solution

Hello folks!

Spotify on Sonos enables you to have multiple streams on different Sonos zones (connected to the same network) with a single Spotify Premium account.

However, some technical issues are currently preventing some users from doing so.
Our teams are working on fixing this temporary problem, and we hope to be back to normal very soon.

We apologize for the inconvenience and will keep you posted.

-----------------------------

Rocio

Community Manager

Use the "Accept as solution" button if your problem has been solved 🙂

♬Music is life♬

Dear Rocio,

Many thanks for your reply. I was really disappointed - so good to know that you are aware of the issue and working on it.
Overall I really like the improving integration of Spotify for Sonos - so usually very happy with the combination!!!

Hope you get it sorted out soon and will hit the accepted as solution once solved.
Thank you!

Got replies from Spotify via this forum and mail, from Sonos via mail.

Both acknowledges this as a problem.

Great customer service, especially if this is something that eventually is solved 🙂

Nothing new otherwise, multiple zones still not possible.

Yeeeees! It is working again!
Don't know if it is related to the latest update of SONOS to a new beta 4.1 today but since I updated I can do multiple streams again. (Tried with 3 Zones)
Thank you!!!

Everything OK!

We've just got some Sonos speakers, but they are in another part of the building. However when I try and access Spotify on my computer to create the playlists, it says I'm streaming from more than one place at once. How can I update playlists and use Sonos in the other room at the same time??

Please help, we've just spent a lot of money on this, including a years subscription, would be rather annoyed if it doesnt work both on my computer, and on the Sonos system. 

@ColstonHall wrote:

We've just got some Sonos speakers, but they are in another part of the building. However when I try and access Spotify on my computer to create the playlists, it says I'm streaming from more than one place at once. How can I update playlists and use Sonos in the other room at the same time??

Please help, we've just spent a lot of money on this, including a years subscription, would be rather annoyed if it doesnt work both on my computer, and on the Sonos system. 

You should be able to access Spotify on your computer as long as you don't try and play a track (so you can still manage playlists). To my knowledge your playback will always be paused if you try and stream in more than 1 location at a time. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

We have used Sonos with Spotify since almost a year and a half with virtually no issues at al but this incident in april which seems to be sorted out.

The thing I now is that Spotify regards Sonos as a unit, regardless of zones, ie you can play different streems in different zones via Sonos Controller in phone/computer/ipod.

What you cannot do is use Spotify in another unit via the Spotify app/controller. In that case Spotify hooks up on that unit instead of Sonos.

The solution is to download playlists to that unit (computer in your case) and play them in off-line mode. It´s the same as you cannot use one Spotify account in more than one cellphone in on-line mode.

To use the full Spotify capability you have to get another Sonos unit to create a new zone by your computer.

Yes, its a downside, but the system in all is great! (And I do not know of any one in the family investing in either company at the moment).

Here is a solution to your problem http://sonos-multiple.npage.de

Hi,

Is multi steam still supported ? also, is it only for sonos ? or does it support denon heos as well ?

Cheers

I am experiencing this issue that Spotify won't play multiple streams with my new sonos system. Was there a fix to this?

Same issue here 😞

Same here. This error just started happening for us.  Streaming from two different Spotify accounts on two different zones (rooms).  We used to be able to do this fine.  Now we are getting an error saying that Spotify does not support multiple streams.  Please fix this big bug.

Suggested posts