Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

SPOTIFY IS SLOWLY PHASING OUT COLLABORATIVE PLAYLIST FUNCTIONALITY.

I spoke with an advisor today who told me that Spotify has removed the option to make a playlist collaborative and is phasing this functionality out entirely. They tried to tell me that Collaborative Playlists were still a thing, but friends cannot add, remove or reorder songs... so basically they can just listen to it. Sorry but I/we are not stupid. Listening to other people's playlists is just common functionality and there's nothing 'Collaborative' about it.

I/we pay for this service. Don't allow them to mug you off.  The more people complain about it the better. This may seem like such a first world problem (and it is), but it's a little bit of joy that my hard working team and colleagues look forward to every week and makes a real difference.

Oh, and the agent closed the chat/conversation on me. Rude.

3 Replies

Hi @mattmckay89,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

Collaborative playlists are still a thing, it's just that the previous functionality has been slightly changed: now users have the option Invite collaborators, which copies an invite link to the clipboard which lasts 24h and allows anyone whom they share it with to join the playlist as a collaborator, granting them editing rights (i.e. they can add or remove songs). The playlist owner can manage the collaborators at any time by tapping on their profile names under the playlist's name.

Keep in mind that the invite link lasts only 24h, so if someone tries to open it after that, they won't be able to join as a collaborator, but no worries - you just have to send them a new one.

Hope this clears things up. Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Boooo. Please change it back. 

Great 🙄.  Y'all know you could have marketed the collaborate feature as something people can post on their wedding website for guest's song requests?  Not anymore.  Just what I needed to finally take the dive I've been meaning to: deciding which alternative to Spotify I should use.

Suggested posts