Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Samsung Smart TV App standard bitrate?

Solved!

Samsung Smart TV App standard bitrate?

Hi

What is the standard bitrate of the Samsung Smart TV App? Is there some way to change the bitrate (normal/high/extreme). I can't find anything in the preferences of the app.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Currently the Smart TV app streams in 160kbps. We're working on bringing high quality streaming, but can't say when this will be available at the moment.
Airhorn Enthusiast

View solution in original post

28 Replies
Marked as solution

Currently the Smart TV app streams in 160kbps. We're working on bringing high quality streaming, but can't say when this will be available at the moment.
Airhorn Enthusiast

I am also interested in a higher bitrate (320kbps) for samsung smart tv app.
That would be a good reason to keep on with my premium account.
Reagards,
Manu.

I'm actually interested in getting one of these, so it would be nice if HQ streaming was available. 

It is worth noting that Spotify Premium is required to use Spotify on Smart TVs, even if HQ streaming is not yet available. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Please, update your app for Samsung TV in order to get the possibility to stream at high quality. I think we are many people demanding it 🙂

Will be available in the next weeks/months?

Thank you very much

Any new on it?

Thank you!

Hi Spotify,

are you working to get high bitrate in Samsung Smart TV app?

Thanks for the info!

Best regards

Hi,

is there any update on when higher bitrates will be available in the Samsung TV app?

Hi guys!

any news on it?

We want high bitrate in our Samsung TV!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you!

Be m****r**bleep**ing happy that you have even Smart-TV Spotify app in Samsung! BTW I hate Samsung TV's very much!

I purchased Smart-TV from Philips because of Ambilight and better look and feel but guess what there is no even Spotify app. My old Philips LED-TV is now over 5 years old and still working at my parents home!!! All these Samsung **bleep**ty TV's stopped working after guarantee. So nothing from Samsung to my TV stand.

But heck, I can watch Netflix Super HD movies as much as I want 😉 So who need Spotify on Smart-TV.

I also want HQ streaming on my Samsung TV, and scrobbling to last fm!

Hello guys,

are you still working on it? Do you know when we will have high bit rate in our Spotify app for Samsung TV?

Please, inform us!!!

Thank you very much

Its interesting, digging into this a little closer it would appear this is more a samsung issue in my opinion. 

On all partner systems, like Sonos and Samsung, Spotify simply provide the libspotify package which contains the APIs needed to access the Spotify service, the actual applications you see on those devices are made by the partner company, in this case Samsung. 

The libspotify package does support high quality streaming, since other partner services implement it (such as Sonos) which would point this being more down to Samsung than Spotify for whatever reason. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hello Peter,

thanks for your explanation, very interesting. I did not know that.

Anyway, hope that Spotify can put pressure to Samsung people in order to improve the app.

Hi guys!

Any news on streaming quality improvement for Samsung TV?

Thanks!

Same request here please!

I've started to use iTunes again due to this limitation...

Or could we send sound to Spotify TV App from another Spotify device (with a higher bitrate)?

Thanks!

Hi guys!

Any news on streaming quality improvement for Samsung TV?

Thanks!

I can't find any news when or if quality of sound will be better on Samsung Smart TV. Watch this community for updates.

I'm very disappointed that this problem has been known since December 2012 but still has not been fixed. Because stuff like Sonos costs a fortune I intend to connect my speakers to my Samsung TV and use the Spotify app on that, but it's not cool if I pay € 10 for Premium but don't get the 320 kbps bitrate. In that case I might just as well keep my € 5 Unlimited account, control Spotify via the web application on my laptop and stream to my speakers wirelessly from there. If you want to earn more money from your customers I'd fix this ASAP Spotify!

I don't get the indifference and inaction on the part of Spotify here. Has Spotify not contacted Samsung and chastised them for not enabling the high bitrate? Does Spotify expect us to send complaint e-mails to Samsung or something? This problem seems like it's quite easy to fix, so why does this issue still linger?

That's quite an old post but I have the same question.

I just upgraded to Premium so I can use my Samsung SmartTV Spotify app.

So, what is the bit rate?  Thanks.

Suggested posts