Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs keep skipping by themselves. HELP.

Solved!

Songs keep skipping by themselves. HELP.

I'm using a free plan and using a HP pavilion Chromebook on Chrome OS 65. 

I cannot download the actual spotify player because im on Chromebook so i use the web player a lot but recently whenever a start a song, it skips after 2 second, then again and for every song. It just keeps skipping after a couple seconds. 

I've went through a lot of threads but they were all from around 2014 so i created a new one, if there is a new answer.

122 Replies

yess the same thing happens to me and my administrator blocks incognito mode and I can switch the browser I literally can do any of the things that people say I should do it's really frustrating...

Marked as solution

Here is what you do, go onto the spotify app on your chromebook and click on the 3 dots on the right hand corner, then click on app info. Once you do that, click allow protected content. and then refresh the app. Now it should be working! If youre on the web player on chrome browser then just press on the lock symbol on the left hand side of the url on top, then allow protected content right there. Refresh. Now it should be working for you too!

Unfortunately, I am having the same problem, yet I DO have the app on the chromebook. For me, it's not working for the app, the web extension, NOR the incognito mode. I have tried everything I could think of doing, yet nothing has worked. Thank you for your help, though, Elena!

It worked! Thank you so much! You're amazing!

Thank you so much you are a life saver!!😘😁

Sorry to say this but, for the school Chromebooks it is blocked by the
administrator

Okay what do i do? cause i dont see the option on my browser. I attached a picture

Screenshot 2020-10-08 at 1.48.27 PM.png

I've been having the same problem! Unfortunately, I can't download it, because my computer isn't hooked up to a Google App store. I guess I'll have to use YouTube for the time being until this problem gets figured out.

Using the incognito window did not help. I am unable to use Google Play store, as it is disabled on my computer through my school administrator.

I clicked on the lock image, but it didn't say "allow", nor did it ask to reload the page. See image

Screenshot 2020-10-08 at 3.26.16 PM.png

Okay so you go to the top left where you normally type in things to look up
and you click on the lock symbol make sure when you do this that you are on
the spotify web player website then when you click on it make sure
everything has allow on click off of it (not the website but the allow pop
up) and then refresh the screen and there should be another pop-up and you
click allow also I hope I helped!
[image: image.png]
[image: Screenshot 2020-10-08 at 3.28.28 PM.png]
[image: Screenshot 2020-10-08 at 3.28.12 PM.png]

i dont see the images u attached. 😐

It worked! Thank you so much!

go to site settings then follow the rest of the instructions

The pop-up I receive does not show the "allow" button... also, cannot see your attached photos

Went to settings, allowed the flash, reloaded the page... failed to work 😞 not sure what the problem is... maybe my computer?

the administrator made 2 things block and can locked the settings

The same thing is happening to me that I have read in all of the comments. I have tried everything but it keeps skipping songs and then going to a commercial and then taunts me by playing nine seconds of a song and then stopping. This is getting ridiculous, I hope that the Spotify team will be able to fix this very soon this has been happening for the last two weeks, and I am not the only one that this has been happening to. I am on the web player and am using a Chromebook. I have tried going on both  guest and incognito mode with no luck either way. I have talked to both friends and family members who have all had the exact same problem, it shouldn't be taking this long to fix, everyone that I have talked to myself included is frustrated that the problem is going on and no one seems to be able to do anything about it. This is not a problem on our end this is a problem on yours and I think that we all have been waiting patiently enough.  🙂 

Same. I started having this problem on Monday, 10/05/2020

Hey there folks!

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out about this.

We have received a few other reports about the web player skipping on Chromebooks and we're currently looking further into this.

Feel free to leave your details and +Vote here. Hopefully we'll have more info on this soon!

Keep an eye on the page for any updates.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help out with 🙂

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts