Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs pausing briefly before the end on CCWGTV & Fire stick but no others

Songs pausing briefly before the end on CCWGTV & Fire stick but no others

Hi there, I have been playing Spotify on both a Fire TV stick and Chromecast with Google TV (CCWGTV) and without fail keep getting the same bug arise, and it does not happen on any other device in my household - multiple phones, a Nest Hub and Nest Minis.

The issue is that from about 20 to 15 seconds before the end of a song, playback will pause for about 7 seconds before then resuming the end of the song. This happens for every single song I play. It's the same when I am casting, and when I have logged out of all other devices. I have allowed Spotify to play over other apps in settings. I have reinstalled, and tried using my mobile phone's hotspot. I don't have this problem with any other streaming service/app, including Amazon Music.
5 Replies

Hey @Alex651,

Thanks for reaching out. Great troubleshooting so far!

As a next step in narrowing down the possible cause of this issue, can you please try logging in with a different account on those devices to see if the issue persists?

Let us know how it goes.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, for the past year or so I have been having a similar issue to that described by Alex651. When using the Spotify app on a Google TV, nearly all the songs skip for a tenth of a second or so whenever the notification for the next song appears. The issue is random, but I'll say it occurs with 90/95% of the songs, with the native Google Tv Spotify app, when streaming from PC or Android to the integrated Chromecast and when using a Fire Tv Stick. I have a Duo account, and the issue occurs with both accounts.

Like it happens to Alex651, no issues with YouTube or Amazon Music.

Having this exact issue for a few months now, can't find a solution anywhere. I'm also using a duo account, and both Spotify accounts work on any other device they're connected too. I've done the log out/in, uninstall/reinstall and updated the TV software.

The pause happens when the pop-up for the next song appears, for 1 to 10 seconds each time. 1/10 songs it might not happen but it's usually pretty consistent. I've also tried bringing the song queue up to eliminate the 'next song' pop-up but the issue persists.

Hi, I have the same issue and have spent around a week with Spotify Support and they don't know what the issue is! I've done the memory clear, re install, disconnect power and broadband etc and nothing seems to resolve it!  Spotify - you need to look at this and resolve it for your paying customer's!

Problem solved: the skipping was caused by the DNS resolver I used (DNS0.EU, managed by a French non-profit). I have no idea what exactly in that DNS service caused the skipping, but I switched to Cloudflare DNS (1.1.1.1) and now everything works perfectly. I tried also Google DNS (8.8.8.8), and it solved the problem as well.

Suggested posts