Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

PS5

Operating System

My Question or Issue

Anytime I'm playing music on my PS5 and need to pause the song it will only pause for a second and then start playing again. I have to use Spotify connect on my phone to force the song to pause. Once forcibly paused through my phone if I press the Playstation menu button for any reason the song will start playing again by itself. This has been a problem for about 2 years now. I've tried searching around but it seems I'm the only one having this problem. I'll document it here just in case anyone else has this problem or to maybe get it on the radar for a potential fix.

3 Replies

Hey @guidomista,

That's quite the headache-inducing issue that you're facing, sorry to see that 😕 

We're assuming that you've tried all the troubleshooting you could think of so far, but here's our suggestion as well:

1. Firstly, go to Settings > Users and Accounts > Link with Other Services.
  2. Select Spotify and Unlink Account.
  3. After this, remove the app itself, reinstall it as shown here and re-link the accounts accordingly.

When this is done, open the PS5 Spotify app first and select your song or playlist. Then start your game. 
Finally, tap the PS button once, click on the Spotify card to show the quick controls and see how the app behaves.

Hoping for the best! 
Keep us posted on how things go 🙌🏼

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for the suggestion but this unfortunately did not work.

Hi there @guidomista,

Thanks for the reply.

We've passed on your report to the relevant teams at Spotify. We can't be certain what might be causing this issue on your end, as we haven't received other similar reports. We can't guarantee that this issue will get a fix from our end, but it might be resolved in one of the upcoming app updates, so always keep your app up to date. 

It's possible that this is account or device related. You can try creating a new free Spotify account and linking that to your PS for test purposes, to check if the issue continues.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts