Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Sonos] Logging in

Solved!

[Sonos] Logging in

Premium subscribers that joined before our partnership with Facebook can log into Sonos with their unique username and password. 

However, users that login with their Facebook details will need to retrieve a username and create a device password.

With this username (a series of digits) and password, Facebook users can login to their partner devices (Sonos, Squeezebox, Onkyo, WD, Boxee Box or TiVo system). 

473 Replies

Hey ablake, I'll try and help you out by email on this one.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Hi Meredith

I have recieved the email (sevral times) but each time I try to set a password it does not  work - it just takes me to a normal log-in page and i am still no further forward to setting a password.

It sounds like I am have the same problem as ablake!

I have emailed about the problem - equiry no 338766

I would like to try and get it working though my sonos system before the free trial runs out as i will cancel my subscription if its not going to work.

Thanks for your help,

Kate

Marked as solution

Hi Kitkat1976 - I've got another email on the way to you with a new link to set your password. 

Let us know how that works for you--thanks!

All working perfectly! Thank you!!!

I'm having a problem using Spotify on my Sonos system at home. I've submitted a request for a new password and have waited 3 days for a reply. Here's the case #, 342597.

Please email w/ instructions on how to rectify this problem. This is time sensitive as I'm hosting a party tomorrow and plan to use Spotify for music.

Thanks,

John

Joshippe - Keep an eye on your inbox, I've just sent an email over.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

48 hours! All I know is Napster worked flawlessly. Still haven't managed to get Spotify working on my Sonos system. I'm off!!!!

Hi Davespearce,

I've got on another email on its way to you too. You should be able to log into your Sonos no problem.

Hi. Just new to Spotify so a bit clueless at the moment. Everytime I click the reset password link in the "Your Spotify device password" email, it takes me back to the login screen which then only allows me to log in with my Facebook account. I feel as if I'm going round in circles and getting nowhere. Can anyone help me. Thanks

i'm trying to set up my sonos to use spotify, but my account is setup using facebook.  i followed the instructions and have a device password and got the email to "set my device password"... unfortunately, when i go to the link it will only let me login (which requires my facebook info) - what gives, this is extremely frustrating?

Hi Laurentb- I believe you're running into this issue because you've got two accounts on our system.

However I'll need to confirm this with just a few quick questions. Please keep an eye on your inbox for me.

Hi Ive got the same problem - Ive requested a device password to access Sonos, as it says you should, but nothing has been e mailed through - I have reported it and got a reference 356927 - can you help please?

Hi GaryS- You've also set up two accounts with us.

Your 'tom.scott' account is on Unlimited, while your new account is on Premium.

We can help here. A response has just been sent to the case you've opened.

Thanks for that - Ive just received an e mail receipt for the the account - it confirms my user name but doesnt give a password to access sonos - will this be sent through? regards

Hi GaryS- It seems you've made a duplicate account again--I've just removed that for you.

Please have a look at this earlier post on duplicate accounts. If you follow those steps you can connect your Facebook to 'tom.scott' to ensure this doesn't happen again. 

All you need to do now is log into your subscription page (using your 'tom.scott' username) and upgrade to Premium. After that you can log into your device wth your 'tom.scott' username and Spotify password. 

ive had the same problem...this is really rubbish....why do we have to go via facebook...this is blatantly part of an advertising ploy...but the system simply does not work with it...i bought the premium account last night because napster is also going downhill since the link up with rhapsody....and whilst i can listen to it via my pc...i cannot get a password from you so i can get it on my sonos......this is 2012 Spotify....what are you playing at...i am going to cancel my subscription..also asked for help and got a mail back saying you will deal with the problem within 3 days!!!!!!!...please get real and start to provide a proper service, it is not beyond the realms of possibility surely...you also need a tech department that we can talk to to sort out your issues as they arise....I AM VERY VERY DISSAPOINTED....and would not reccomend anybody to sign up for this until this is fixed...also please can someone tell me why you have to subscribe via facebook??

Hi 1830- Just to double check, have you visited this section of our website retrieve your username and request a password? 

The email to set up your password can sometimes take up for 48 hours to reach your inbox. Requesting the password email numerous times can also slow this process down.

A reply has also just been set to the case you opened. Let us know if you have any other issues logging in. 

Hi Meredith,

my problem begin earlier!

In my sonos controller (i tested it on Mac Lion, Windows 7, iPad2) i could not find any Spotify to add as a service????

I have a premium abo, I have a right number and a Password - but where I find Sotify on sonos????

Kind regards

Juergen Kijek

kijek - You might need to follow these steps over at the Sonos site.

Airhorn Enthusiast

Hi David,

i saw this instructions, BUT in my case ther is NO Spotify kto choose!

In my case only Audible, AUPEO!, Pandora Radio, SiriusXM and Sticher SmartRadio appears.

Suggested posts