Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Sonos] Logging in

Solved!

[Sonos] Logging in

Premium subscribers that joined before our partnership with Facebook can log into Sonos with their unique username and password. 

However, users that login with their Facebook details will need to retrieve a username and create a device password.

With this username (a series of digits) and password, Facebook users can login to their partner devices (Sonos, Squeezebox, Onkyo, WD, Boxee Box or TiVo system). 

473 Replies

@RodEllis wrote:

Meredith I'm having trouble connecting Sonos through Facebook as well. I got my devce ID but can't get Sonos to let me past the username and password page. I tried using my email address and facebook password and also using the device Id as usename and then using my facebook password. What am I doing wrong?

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

You need to log in on Sonos using your Spotify account username (which if you have a Facebook login will be a string of 10 digits) and your device password, which you need to set manaully. Have a read at this help page for full instructions.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hey there!

I am trying to set up my Sonos. I already requested my device password several times...but didn`t receive any Email. I checked all Spam-Filters...nothing.

Can you please check?

Regards

@marsdaake wrote:

Hey there!

I am trying to set up my Sonos. I already requested my device password several times...but didn`t receive any Email. I checked all Spam-Filters...nothing.

Can you please check?

Regards

If it's not getting through to you, please fill out our contact form - we'll get back to you asap.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

I've been trying to get an email from spotify to email me my password for sonos I have my 10 digit device number and   I am on Premium  I have requested the email through explorer, chrome and  firefox over  a two week period  and no emails have arrived either in my inbox or spam.

Could someone email me this password as it is really frustrating as I am paying Premium and can't use it on my Sonos! it's obvious from most of the threads on here that the automated system isn't working,

If it's not getting through to you, please fill out our contact form - we'll get back to you asap!

the contact page isnt highlighted to send you emails the top drop down box works ok the other 2 boxes are black with no drop down, the message box you cant put anything in it and the send message button isnt active IT DOESNT WORK!

I cant even listen off line as I dont have the code!

PLEASE HELP I'm loosing the will to live here!

Marked as solution

So if this topic has been going for over a year why hasn't the request password page been updated to advise people a password for a dvice may take up to 48 hours to arrive (and that requesting it multiple times may increase this time further)?

Are you support people trying to create work for yourselves?

Are you trying to annoy people so they won't use Spotify?

I requested my password 12 hours ago but tried it multiple times - so I'm guessing it could be aweek before I get anything...that's crazy. I'd love to switch from MOG to spotify but not until I know it works with my Sonos.

So wishing I hadn't used my facebook login... 😞

I have now officially given up waiting for my password to be emailed to me so I can get onto Sonos and have cancelled my premium account with spotify can't  be arsed waiting and waiting and paying 10 quid a month for something I can't use, This obviously is an on going problem which isn't being fixed good luck  everyone if you can get any sense out of them because I clearly couldn't

I bought a new desktop and want log into Sonos but i'm waiting now a few days for a mail from Spotify to logon with my unique username and password, but no mails have arrived.

E.g.

Your device username is: 118657542

An email featuring your device username and a link to set your password has been sent to .....

Is it possible to receive the password a.s.a.p. please. Your assistance is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Wilfried Errens

Hi WIlfried! 🙂 

If you are having issues, I would suggest you drop the team an email here and they will be able to make sure that gets out to you. 

Peter

Peter

I have the same problem. If it takes 48 hours, the note we get after requesting an email should't say "an email has been sent".

Sonos device password

I have the same problem, being a Spotify user only with a facebook login! I didnt realize that was such an old and common bug, the problems with handing out separate device passwords. You cant read It anywere on the Spotify site when you are following the instructions. I really dont know how many times i have sent for a password now, I understand thats not a very smart move. I will not tolerate waiting for weeks! I bought the Sonos system for the purpose of streaming Spotify as i think many of us have.

So Spotify, If you wanna keep this custumer, send me and email where I can create my password. Its so frustrating so Im really considering termination of my account.

Help me, PLEASE!!

Hello,

I'm a devoted premium user with an issue with my sonos connection. Currently I cannot integrate Spotify to sonos, there seems to be an issue with my credentials. I am using the proper device login number.

Tried:
resetting password (twice)

Working with the sonos representative I was able to connect one of their test accounts.

Could you please change my device ID ASAP, or whatever it is going to take to get this working. I love spotify and sonos and I'd hate to think that I'd have to start exploring other options all over not being able to connect.

What do you suggest?

Spotify Case # 00670527

Kind Regards,

Mike Land

Did you set a device password when you retrieved your device login number? 

Peter

Peter

RESOLVED...

It just magically started working... Computers SMH...

@1256437999 wrote:

RESOLVED...

It just magically started working... Computers SMH...

Haha! Awesome 😄 

Peter

Peter

I am having the same issues as well....given all the issues i've been having with Spotify, I see myself leaving very soon. This is my case number: 00671115. Also, the help site doesn't seem to be working at all.

Sonos device password

I am frequent Spotify premium user with a facebook login and want to hook up my Spotify account to  my Sonos system. I have followed all your instructions to recieve an email where I can create my Sonos device password. But im not recieving any emails! I really dont know how many times I have sent for the right link, I have also had contact to th Spotify suppport through mail but nothing happens. This Is getting really frustrating.  I bought the Sonos system for the purpose of streaming Spotify, as I think many of us have.

So Spotify, If you wanna keep this custumer, send me and email where I can create my password.  Im really considering termination of my account.

Help me, PLEASE!!

Spotify ref: 00666871

Regards

Slusken

Hi!

All of a sudden i can not connect to Sonos with Spotify. I have a premium account and i have no problem  logging in to Spotify. It has worked for me before with no problems. 

What can be wrong? Please help me out.

Here the same deal, trying for days to get a password. I dont get any email. 

Just bought SONOS for my party on friday so i can use spotify all night.

I had contact and they say they will sent me a pasword but after that it become quitt.

i am 

same problem here!

HI Spotify

I have the same problem. IM still waiting for my log in via email  as im using Facebook to log in. I want to set up my spotify to my sonos, 

can someone please tell me how i write to support to get this solved.

thanks

Suggested posts