Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Sonos] Logging in

Solved!

[Sonos] Logging in

Premium subscribers that joined before our partnership with Facebook can log into Sonos with their unique username and password. 

However, users that login with their Facebook details will need to retrieve a username and create a device password.

With this username (a series of digits) and password, Facebook users can login to their partner devices (Sonos, Squeezebox, Onkyo, WD, Boxee Box or TiVo system). 

473 Replies

@ntarz - Are you definitely logging in using your numerical Spotify username (if you have a Facebook account) and your set device password? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hey i've been having the same problem. Waiting for over 2 days, and not recieving the password change email. Also trying to connect it to my sonos system like many other but i need a password.

Can you please send one manually ? Thanks !  

I'm unable to login / authorize my Sonos sytems to spotify for some weeks now, which really defeats the reason for having a premium account for me.

I've removed my Spotify account from Sonos. Now I can't add it anymore, see attached picture.

Tried resetting the controllers, restarted the Sonos system.

Changed my device password.

I can play Spotify fine through the mac and W7 app's, Android and Iphone work as well.

Any help much appreciated!

Screen Shot 2013-10-27 at 12.46.15.png

@guidozelf - Do you normally log into Spotify using a Spotify username and password or using your Facebook email address and password? 

Peter

Peter

@Peter thanks for your reply.

I do have an facebook log in ,but also a numeric log in for my Sonos.

It all used to work pretty well for a few years.

I sporadically use my ios app or Android app, not sure how I login to these, but I think through my Facebook credentials.

I do not use my windows or mac desktop clients at all, but can login to these using either the numerical login or the facebook login.

Does that answer your question at all?

thanks again,

Guido

Strange, your numerical username and device password should work on Sonos. 

Do you have Spotify premium?

Peter

Peter

Hi Peter,

Just checked again, and I can login in the MAc dekstop app using the numerical username and password without any problems.

somehow Sonos doesn't even bring up the dialog to enter my credentials.....I immdiatly get the error I attached to my previous post.

thanks again, Guido

Hello,

I have a similar problem with Sonos. Since I upgraded my MAC to Mavericks, I get the "The account information is wrong" error. I have a premiium account, I created a password for a spotify account to add to Sonos, instead of my facebook login, and still nothing. Can anyone help me?

Hey all,

It looks like there might be an issue with logging in on Sonos at the moment, though we're still gathering information to confirm.

As always, keep an idea on the Sonos support channel @SonosSupport for service updates.

Thanks!

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

I give up

I sell my sonos system and buy a bluetooth speaker, spotify and sonos really sucks.

Do you have any update on this issue?

I can only support the frustration from the others. Apparently there is an integration problem. We have several apple devices in the house, when using the Sonos app and trying to reach Spotify it requres authorization. Here the loop begins. To put it short: Spotify does not accept login, netiher with account details or Facebook details. It just resets as the Groudhog Day movie and ask for authorization by logging in.

Please help!

Marked as solution

Well, after looking, this solution worked for me:

1.     We’ll first need to determine your non-Facebook login credentials for Spotify. If you only have Facebook Credentials for Spotify, then you’ll need to create a device username and password. This can be done by going to this page and clicking on the link to create a device password.
If you already use a Spotify username and password instead of a Facebook login, you don’t have to create a device username and password and can skip to step 2.

2.     Open your web browser and clear your cookies, cache, and website data. You can find steps for your particular web browser on this site. Find your browser listed at the top of the page and click on it to go straight to those instructions.

3.     Next, go to http://www.spotify.com. If you’ve cleared your cache / cookies, you should be logged out of Spotify. Please verify this by making sure you see “Log In” at the top-right hand corner of the page as opposed to your username.

Click on Log In and sign in with your Spotify credentials. These will either be the device username and password you just created in step one or your existing Spotify username and password.

Note:  If you accidentally login with Facebook, you will need to start over at step 2.

4.     Next, open the Sonos Desktop Controller for Mac or PC and remove and re-add your Spotify account using the username and password credentials.  You can do this under Manage -> Service Settings.

5.     Clear the queue of any tracks.

6.     Search Spotify for a track and play it.

If you still see the log in error when trying to play a track, please wait 2-3 minutes, try again, and if it still fails, reboot your Sonos players. Once power has been removed and plugged back in, try to play Spotify one more time.

Marked as solution

Thanks for the extensive explanations, glad it worked for you.

For me it does not.

I still can not get to the screen to enter my spotify  log in credentials in Sonos.....

I've reset all 8 Sonos zones (power cycle), removed the spotify account.

No cigar.

thanks, Guido

Thanks, it worked for me! I took a slightly different route, instead of 2) I just copied and pasted the Sonos URL into a private Firefox windows (File -> New Private Window) to avoid cleaning up cache and cookies, but conceptually it's the same thing.

Hello,

I have a problem connecting Sonos & Spotify.

• I have a Spotify premium account
  • I login NOT using a Facebook account but just a username and password
  • I follow the described steps - adding music services - connecting to Spotify - I have an existing account
  • It keeps comming back with the attached message which reads (in Dutch) unable to verify your account check internet and try again later.

Hope you can help.

**bleep** de Vries

sonos DiVr.png

@DiVr I moved your post to the relevant topic. There seems to be a current issue with Sonos logins and this has been reported to Spotify staff. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

If you are having issues with Spotify and Sonos, can you try the steps at the link below and see if they work for you?:

https://ask.sonos.com/sonos/topics/spotify_login_information_not_valid

Peter

Peter

When setting up Spotify on my Sonos, I am not able to log in to Spotify in order to give Sonos the proper permissions. Whether I use my Facebook or Spotify credentials does not matter, I am just returned to the same login page over and over again.

Iam Premium Spotify subscriber, and have received a device username and password which I use to log in, and I have had Spotify on my Sonos earlier.

Can anybody give me a hint?

Have you tried the steps in the Sonos support topic I linked to above? 

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts