Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Sonos] Logging in

Solved!

[Sonos] Logging in

Premium subscribers that joined before our partnership with Facebook can log into Sonos with their unique username and password. 

However, users that login with their Facebook details will need to retrieve a username and create a device password.

With this username (a series of digits) and password, Facebook users can login to their partner devices (Sonos, Squeezebox, Onkyo, WD, Boxee Box or TiVo system). 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Thanks Sam. If this is the case, it would recommend Spotify would be wise to add this to the dialog and faq documentation. I'll wait a day or so.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

LifeGuy, Fluffuser, and Paul_Markham --

You've all got emails headed your way, please have a look in your inbox. 

Marked as solution

Hust tried in again, and it works now! 

Happy again!

HD Casey

Marked as solution

Hi Kitkat1976 - I've got another email on the way to you with a new link to set your password. 

Let us know how that works for you--thanks!

Marked as solution

JohnnyFJohnsson - I've just got back to you. Hopefully it should sort it for you.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Marked as solution

I have premium subscription and logged on with facebook. But when requesting a  password for Sonos I didn't receive an email with the details. I have checked my mail and spam filter to no avail. I subsequently raise a tech support case about the subject an didn't receive a confirmation email with my case number. It seen that there are problems with the email services you are running maybe

Marked as solution

So if this topic has been going for over a year why hasn't the request password page been updated to advise people a password for a dvice may take up to 48 hours to arrive (and that requesting it multiple times may increase this time further)?

Are you support people trying to create work for yourselves?

Are you trying to annoy people so they won't use Spotify?

I requested my password 12 hours ago but tried it multiple times - so I'm guessing it could be aweek before I get anything...that's crazy. I'd love to switch from MOG to spotify but not until I know it works with my Sonos.

So wishing I hadn't used my facebook login... 😞

Marked as solution

Well, after looking, this solution worked for me:

1.     We’ll first need to determine your non-Facebook login credentials for Spotify. If you only have Facebook Credentials for Spotify, then you’ll need to create a device username and password. This can be done by going to this page and clicking on the link to create a device password.
If you already use a Spotify username and password instead of a Facebook login, you don’t have to create a device username and password and can skip to step 2.

2.     Open your web browser and clear your cookies, cache, and website data. You can find steps for your particular web browser on this site. Find your browser listed at the top of the page and click on it to go straight to those instructions.

3.     Next, go to http://www.spotify.com. If you’ve cleared your cache / cookies, you should be logged out of Spotify. Please verify this by making sure you see “Log In” at the top-right hand corner of the page as opposed to your username.

Click on Log In and sign in with your Spotify credentials. These will either be the device username and password you just created in step one or your existing Spotify username and password.

Note:  If you accidentally login with Facebook, you will need to start over at step 2.

4.     Next, open the Sonos Desktop Controller for Mac or PC and remove and re-add your Spotify account using the username and password credentials.  You can do this under Manage -> Service Settings.

5.     Clear the queue of any tracks.

6.     Search Spotify for a track and play it.

If you still see the log in error when trying to play a track, please wait 2-3 minutes, try again, and if it still fails, reboot your Sonos players. Once power has been removed and plugged back in, try to play Spotify one more time.

Marked as solution

Thanks for the extensive explanations, glad it worked for you.

For me it does not.

I still can not get to the screen to enter my spotify  log in credentials in Sonos.....

I've reset all 8 Sonos zones (power cycle), removed the spotify account.

No cigar.

thanks, Guido

Marked as solution

That is the picture that normally gets displayed on an error page such as "User not found" or something similar.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

473 Replies

I have started a 30-day premium subscription trial. I have used the reset device password several times over the past 2 days, seen myfacebook email address confirmed, but no mails have arrived.
E.g.
Your device username is: 1117015904
An email featuring your device username and a link to set your password has been sent to [snip]@[snip].com

Is anyone else able to reset a device passord to hook up a Sonos at the moment?

I did have an email outage when i moved my mail mx record to google mail,but everything else seems to be arriving now, except the spotify dvice password reset?

Your assistance appreciated.

Hey Rob,

It can take up to 48 hours for the device password to come through. Once you have requested a password, could you wait 48 hours before requesting another. Otherwise it could well make the process longer.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?
Marked as solution

Thanks Sam. If this is the case, it would recommend Spotify would be wise to add this to the dialog and faq documentation. I'll wait a day or so.

Hi sam, i just waited 49 hours and got nothng.

I just re-requested a device password reset and as-yet have nothing my email looks fine, so i think this issue is spotify's end. Is this automated, or not and why would it take so long or not work at all?

Has anyone managed to hook up to Sonos since facebook login integration came in, perhaps during the free premium trial?

I would be cautious of continuing with spotify if ths is normal? Napster had a seamless trial sign-up for Sonos users.

Hey there,

Very strange - This process is automated, and generally does pop through right away - although as stated above, sometimes it does take up to 48 hours. In terms of logging on, we've tried it on other partner devices and it should work just fine. However, we might be able to create one for you. I'll send you an email in order to try and take this further.

Airhorn Enthusiast

Thanks David, help would be great. You might find it usefull to link this to support ticket 271260 that i logged as well as the community request.

I replied to your email when I tried looking for your username earlier - Check your inbox!
Airhorn Enthusiast

I am having the same issue.  I waiting over a week to get an email with a password and never recieved anything.  I requested again and waiting about 4 days and still have nothing.  Sent a request to support a couple days ago and have heard nothing.

Can you help me out?

Hey there - I couldn't seem to locate an email from you on our system.

Could you tell me the case number you were given at all?
Airhorn Enthusiast

Hi David, i replied ith the requested details. What happens now? Do i need to wait or do something more? Rob.

Hi David, how to i follow up on this and my open support ticket? I have not had a resolution yet and still have no device password?
Rob.

Have a spotify account. Login is no problem. When I use my log in details under Sonos, Music Library, Music Services, Log on to Spotify, Start I get a failure note and cannot log on. All log in details are correct. What do I do?

Hi there,

Users that log into Spotify via Facebook need to retrieve a username and password to log into their Sonos. 

Please see this post for more information. 

I'm in exactly the same situation. Been waiting 6 days for a password to 'appear'. No email received and no issue with it being filtered by email system (I work for a major computer company).

The on-line guidance isn't at all clear about how this process is supposed to work and, in my opinion, could lead to users being stuck in the same loop that I'm in...contstantly being returned to the sign-in screen but unable to sign in with a Spotify account rather than with Facebook.

The only reason I upgraded to Premium is to play through my new SONOS and I havent been able to do that for 6 days. No end in sight to the problem for me.

Please send me a password.

Marked as solution

LifeGuy, Fluffuser, and Paul_Markham --

You've all got emails headed your way, please have a look in your inbox. 

I have got my device password but when I try and login using it I get an error message saying the passowrd is wrong. Please help.

Hi Benno - 

I can see you've already opened a case with our support team. Have a look in your inbox as my colleague has replied to you with your log in details. 

Meredith,  i still have not recieved anything on this.  Can you help out?

Suggested posts