Premium subscribers that joined before our partnership with Facebook can log into Sonos with their unique username and password.
However, users that login with their Facebook details will need to retrieve a username and create a device password.
With this username (a series of digits) and password, Facebook users can login to their partner devices (Sonos, Squeezebox, Onkyo, WD, Boxee Box or TiVo system).
Solved! Go to Solution.
I have premium subscription and logged on with facebook. But when requesting a password for Sonos I didn't receive an email with the details. I have checked my mail and spam filter to no avail. I subsequently raise a tech support case about the subject an didn't receive a confirmation email with my case number. It seen that there are problems with the email services you are running maybe
So if this topic has been going for over a year why hasn't the request password page been updated to advise people a password for a dvice may take up to 48 hours to arrive (and that requesting it multiple times may increase this time further)?
Are you support people trying to create work for yourselves?
Are you trying to annoy people so they won't use Spotify?
I requested my password 12 hours ago but tried it multiple times - so I'm guessing it could be aweek before I get anything...that's crazy. I'd love to switch from MOG to spotify but not until I know it works with my Sonos.
So wishing I hadn't used my facebook login... 😞
Well, after looking, this solution worked for me:
1. We’ll first need to determine your non-Facebook login credentials for Spotify. If you only have Facebook Credentials for Spotify, then you’ll need to create a device username and password. This can be done by going to this page and clicking on the link to create a device password.
If you already use a Spotify username and password instead of a Facebook login, you don’t have to create a device username and password and can skip to step 2.
2. Open your web browser and clear your cookies, cache, and website data. You can find steps for your particular web browser on this site. Find your browser listed at the top of the page and click on it to go straight to those instructions.
3. Next, go to http://www.spotify.com. If you’ve cleared your cache / cookies, you should be logged out of Spotify. Please verify this by making sure you see “Log In” at the top-right hand corner of the page as opposed to your username.
Click on Log In and sign in with your Spotify credentials. These will either be the device username and password you just created in step one or your existing Spotify username and password.
Note: If you accidentally login with Facebook, you will need to start over at step 2.
4. Next, open the Sonos Desktop Controller for Mac or PC and remove and re-add your Spotify account using the username and password credentials. You can do this under Manage -> Service Settings.
5. Clear the queue of any tracks.
6. Search Spotify for a track and play it.
If you still see the log in error when trying to play a track, please wait 2-3 minutes, try again, and if it still fails, reboot your Sonos players. Once power has been removed and plugged back in, try to play Spotify one more time.
Thanks for the extensive explanations, glad it worked for you.
For me it does not.
I still can not get to the screen to enter my spotify log in credentials in Sonos.....
I've reset all 8 Sonos zones (power cycle), removed the spotify account.