Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect: Denon Connection Loss (Network Restart)

Solved!

Spotify Connect: Denon Connection Loss (Network Restart)

hello, i have the following problem. 

Since few days i cannot use spotify connect to my denon receiver (4100w) anymore.

The  connection itself works and it plays music for 1 second, but immediately after connect it seems the receiver loses network connection and restarts the service.

before I never had any problems. No changes in my network, firmware or receiver settings. Only spotifuggle version is new.

tried to reboot everything, set static ip to receiver, reinstalled spotify on mobile and pc, no solution.

please help, I'm not able to use it anymore 😞

Br, sebastian.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey everyone!

We're seeing some reports that this is fixed for a lot of people.

Can you let us know if you're still having this issue?

Thanks 🙂

View solution in original post

133 Replies

Sounds like a similar problem is occurring with Marantz receivers.

Is there any solution?
Whats the reason for this behaviour? For me it sounds like spotify made a change in their protocol and the implemented connect service from Denon and Mantraz doesent fit anymore and chrashes....

Check other topics on Help-Other part of this forum.

There are view subjects with the same issue.

There isn't any solution for now. We are waiting for the official statement from Spotify and DENON/Marantz.

Same problem here whit Denon Ceol Piccolo N4

Hi All,

I've the same problem since this morning on Denon Piccolo N4. Everytime I connect spotify, it streams for seconds then freeze!

I need to restart my device (or do a quick setup) to use it!

I hope this bug will be solved quickly!

Reboot, Power Off/On didn't work for me.

Even a complete factory reset of the Receiver, Router didn't change anything.

Spotify has given up their support...

This is the reply I just got...

I do not care if it is Spotify or Denon that is to blame... I am a paying customer to both... One will se my subscription being canceled and one will need to take equipment in return...

=============

Hello,

Thanks a lot for getting back with us. Sorry to hear you are still experiencing the issue with your Denon.

Have you tried resolving the issue directly with Denon? because your account seems fine and we've tried everything so far.

Here are some useful links if you want to check them out:

Let us know how it goes. If something comes up, send us a message back and we'll be happy to help you.

Have a good day!

Mike

Spotify Customer Support

Did you know we have an extensive help section on our website? You can find it at https://support.spotify.com

This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain information that is confidential and/or privileged. It is intended only for the recipient(s). If you have reason to believe that you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, please contact the sender immediately and delete the e-mail from your computer.

ref:_00DD0pxIW._5005711DooX:ref

This reply is typically and rediculous.

Spotify sales a service and other brands are implementing it, so spotify gets more customers.

In my opinion Spotify is responsible for beeing sure that all services keep working after updates.

For me its clear, that Spotify made an update, because of some implementations of the connect service didnt work anymore.

There was no Denon, AVM, Cisco, Mantraz, etc. update. Just Spotify.

@Spotify: Please verify your updates before sending them out.

Exactly the same problem here with Marantz NR1605 receiver.

The normal Internet Radio stations still work, so this looks to me the problem is at the Spotify side. 

Protocol changes?!?

Please Spotify, help!

Agreed with the previous posts.

Based on the fact that there have been no firmware updates on the Marantz side lately, one could guess the change that caused the problem is on the Spotify side.

It really doesn't take a genius to figure that out and Spotify really needs to step up to the plate and address a problem they caused. For a company that is barely making money, customer service might be a good lesson first.

I expreience EXACTLY the same issue since yesterday, Tried a factory reset, modem reset, smartphone app cache clearing, nothing worked so far. 

Hopefully someone finds a working solution fast..

I sent a message to Denon support.

I think if everyone writes to them they will take the problem seriously

@muhdel: I think this problem is not caused by Denon. I have a Marantz receiver that hasn't had a firmware update since weeks and that stopped working with Spotify Connect this weekend. The problem must be at the Spotify side....

I agree with you Pieterr, but someone has to analyse the problem! and I think even if it's from Spotify side, Denon and other manufacturers have to ensure the compatibility of their devices with the services that are supposed to work with.

I have the same Problem with denon.

Same problem with a Denon Ceol Piccolo. It seemed to start after a Spotify app update but that may not be the root cause.

I have exactly the same issue with a Ceol N4.

What is «fun» in the story is that mine worked exactly one time (I have bought it last week 😕 ), as to be sure to become crazy and try every networking configuration possible...

Thanks Spotify for my lost sleeping time.

(Maybe they all want we buy Heos or brand new expensive mono devices... 🙂 )

And unfortunately, it does not work anymore with devices such as Denon Ceol or Marantz connected systems.

It is just unacceptable that a service stops working while customer paid for it.

And, if it comes from Spotify's partners. Please ensure the list of partners you provide is aware when interfaces changed («We are proud to have as partners» will have more sense)

Hey @trotzim.

Can we grab a few details from you so we can look into this further? We'll just need:

• The Denon device details (including make/model).
  • The firmware version it's running.
  • The device you're streaming from.
  • The version of Spotify you're running on that device.

Thanks a lot!

Suggested posts