Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect not working after Denon firmware update

Solved!

Spotify Connect not working after Denon firmware update

A few days ago my Denon AVR X1200W had a firmware upgrade and since then I cannot connect with it via Spotify. Please fix!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It seems i managed to get Spotify Connect back on X4100w by Initializing the network adapter (from remote go to Online Music then on AVR console hold down DIMMER + > buttons for min 3 sec). Other DENON AVRs can initialize network adapter by combinations listed here http://denon-uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3848/kw/reset%20network

PS. i use WIRED LAN connetion, fixed IP (DHCP is OFF), default gateway is the router IP (mine is 192.168.1.1); DNS 8.8.8.8; second DNS 8.8.4.4

Good luck and hope above helps.  

View solution in original post

15 Replies

Me too!

Marked as solution

It seems i managed to get Spotify Connect back on X4100w by Initializing the network adapter (from remote go to Online Music then on AVR console hold down DIMMER + > buttons for min 3 sec). Other DENON AVRs can initialize network adapter by combinations listed here http://denon-uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3848/kw/reset%20network

PS. i use WIRED LAN connetion, fixed IP (DHCP is OFF), default gateway is the router IP (mine is 192.168.1.1); DNS 8.8.8.8; second DNS 8.8.4.4

Good luck and hope above helps.  

Same problem here with AVR-3100W. Tried many things to solve, but the trick to reboot the network adapter brought the solution!

Thanks for posting it! 

I have Denon Ceol N-8 and today, after the automatic update of Denon firmware I cannot use Spotify anymore. It is no longer available on Denon. I have reset and initialized Denon and router, but still no Spotify option  is available.

Recently I have received the message from Spotify that they are working on new app for Denon, but it should be ready at the end of December. 

Does it mean that by then no Spotify would be available on Denon?

Does anyone has the same problem?

Please help!

I have exactly the same problem, please let us know how to fix the issue. Thanks in advance.

I have the exact same problem Spotify is just completely gone. It is very frustrating.

Same here. 

Any news from Spotify? New Denon App with Spotify or a Spotify App for Denon? 

I found a solution for now: after resetting the internet module of my AVRX3100W I can find my avr as apparatus in spotify. 

Resetting works with my AVRX3100W: put source to ONLINE MUSIC, push and hold zone 2 source and dimmer together for about 5 seconds until "initializing". 

For now it works, hopefully keeps working... 

Same here. Very irritataing. I'm glad to hear Spotify working on this but after a year without the lyrics on the Windows app that were promised 'shortly' I have little confidence.

Why did the old app go before a new one was ready?

A few days ago my Denon n8 had a firmware upgrade and since then I cannot connect with it via Spotify. Please fix!

I tried Network Reset and Factory Reset on RCD-N8 (CEOL).

Nothing worked. It is very frustrating...

So Spotify in the HiFi Apps are removed because Spotify wants you to use Spotify Connect within the Spotify App itself:

https://support.spotify.com/us/listen_everywhere/on_speaker/why-cant-i-use-the-spotify-app-on-my-spe...

So install latest firmware on HiFi, open Spotify (make sure you are in ONLINE MODE), and you can connect directly to Denon when playing the Song.

Ok - got it to work and it's fine.

I was using a wired connection and it didn't pick it up. Had to run the Piccolo with a wifi connection and there it was.

Good times. Now we just need the inbuilt lyrics back.

🙂

But this means it is no longer possible to only use the receiver to listen to Spotify. With this update you HAVE to use a second device (phone, tablet, etc).

Or am I missing something?

I think that's right Netrab.

Odd isn't it.

Suggested posts