Spotify Play Button - 30 second limit

Plan Premium

Country Brasil

Device

(Macbook Pro late 2009)

Operating System Yosemite

My Question or Issue

Hello!

My name is Lih Steiner. A need the Spotify Community help.

I want to add Spotify Play Botton allowing visitors of my website to hear songs of my playlist without interruption, but I'm having a hard time. I’m a mac user. 

I had no problem to generate the html code. But the player only plays a 30 second preview from the audio.

But the text from the link below says:

Premium or Free

For users who are not logged in on their Spotify account, the Spotify Play button plays a 30-second long audio preview, and then the users are prompted to either login or to sign up.

https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/widgets/guides/adding-a-spotify-play-button/

I’m logged in and it still plays only 30 second from the music.

I don't want my visitors are disturbed by warnings or logins. 

I’m longer premium spotify user and want to provide a fantastic navigation experience to those who visit my website. How can I eliminate this annoying 30 second limit?

I hope I can count on your help 

6 Replies

Hey @LihSteiner, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

I can suggest you to give a read to this article for more about the changes to the play button 🙂

Have a great day! 🙂

Thank you for the quick reply.

This article didn't help me to discover why the player only play 30 seconds. 

I didn’t have difficulty to generate the code.

I want to play the full track.

In which cases full track playback is not supported?

The reason has to be more precise.

What should I do for Spotify Play Button to play full tracks in the browser directly?

I appreciate the attention for now.

Hey @LihSteiner,

That article explained that part too, maybe you have missed it, I'll put it here for you:

Full Track Playback

We have introduced full playback directly inside of the Spotify Play Button. It works on most major browsers, including Chrome, Firefox, Opera and Microsoft Edge. The user must also be logged into spotify.com in their web browser and your <iframe>HTML must contain the allow="encrypted-media" attribute.

In the cases where full track playback is not supported, we will play 30 second preview clips.

The old Spotify Play Button relied on the Spotify desktop app being installed on the user’s computer to play full tracks. It played audio through Spotify desktop in the background.

The new Spotify Play Button can now play full tracks in the browser directly, without needing the desktop app.

Hope it helps! 🙂

Hi,

In my web site (for example <a href='http://becker.cj.free.fr/myprogmusic/com/albums.php?langue=F&idspot=spotify:album:3WoO6Sr9HZH6PeDdKo...'>here</a>) I modified to add the allow="encrypted-media" in the frame, but it still play 30 seconds and after few seconds ask me if I want to listen to the fullalbum in Spotify with a 'Play On Spotify Button' inside the play button. It works only when I press on this buton and make the link with the spotify browser (open one if it doesn't exist). So for me the full track playback doesn't work. 

In the Spotify new updates, we can read this sentence which is not very clear for me : "In the cases where full track playback is not supported, we will play 30 second preview clips. ". What does it mean : In the cases where full track playback is not supported ? Does someone else has the same problem with new parameter allow="encrypted-media" ?

Thanks

Jacques

Hello,

Thanks for the return.

I had no problems to understand the article.

I am building my site with wix editor.

I am using google chrome, last version.

I logged into spotify.com in my browser.

And my html iframe code contains the allow="encrypted-media" attribute.

Even meeting all the requirements, the player only plays 30 second.

Unfortunately, this article doesn’t solve my problem anyway.

There is another problem that which prevents it from functioning fully.

But thank you for your attention and availability.

Have a great day!

Lih

Hey @LihSteiner and @jbecker,

As much as we'd love to help you out from here, the best information and help you can get in this case would be through the Developer's website.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help you out with 🙂

Suggested posts