Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify blend doesn't show my songs

Spotify blend doesn't show my songs

My Spotify blend isn't working. It updates daily, but there were instances where the playlist had none of my songs. As for today, the same four songs were shown on my blend playlists with 5 different people (playlists). Previously it even showed songs that I did not even have added to my library. I don't know why this problem is occurring as I am an active user of Spotify. On one of my playlists with my friends, there are a lot of songs that are also in my library (hearted), but my profile picture isn't shown there. Another friend seems to be having the same problem as me as our blend playlist only consists of four songs (all from me) and none of his songs. Really frustrating as I really want this to work. Please help. 😞
18 Replies

Hey @twisturtle

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Just to confirm, does this only happen when you create Blend playlist with more than one user?

On another note, could you let us know if you're listening to new music frequently? We'd also recommend leaving the Blend playlist and creating a new one to see if the same happens. 

Keep us posted.  

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi Eni, 

No, this does not only happen when I create Blend playlist with more than one user. It also happens when the playlist is just between me and one other user. 

And yes, I am listening to new music frequently. I have tried leaving the Blend playlists and creating new ones, and the same thing happens. 

I also just noticed today that the songs "added by me" in Blend playlists have been the same four songs and is not updating daily. Not quite sure why this is happening. 

Thank you for your reply to my question. Do let me know if you would like me to provide picture evidence for my problem. 

Hey @twisturtle,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

Yes, please send us some screenshots of the issue so we can have a better look at what might be going on. Make sure not to send any private info.

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi Eni, 

I have attached three screenshots from three different blend playlists. 

As you can see, the songs that are "added by me" in two of the playlists are identical (my profile picture is the black dog). It is also the same songs in my other blend playlists that I did not attach here (as the maximum number of attachments allowed is 3, but they are the same thing anyway, so you get the idea).

You can also tell that there are almost no songs added by me, and the songs liked by me do not show added by me either (I am assuming it is supposed to be?). 

I have also tried uninstalling my spotify apps, clearing cache, signing out, etc,  but nothing seems to be working. 

I hope the attachments provided were able to give you a little more insight as to what is happening and what the problem is. Do let me know if you need additional screenshots. Thank you. 

ca.png
j.png
CY N .png

I would also like to add that I do not only listen to those three songs that are "added by me.

These are also the same three songs (and only three songs) that are on all my blend playlists for the past few days, so it is not updating when it's supposed to be. Spotify seems to think that I only listen to three songs, haha. 

Hey @twisturtle,

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared.

In this case, we can confirm playlists like the blends have Social recommendations. So, you'll see some songs people who make part of the blend might like based on their listening activity. That being said, it's possible to see some tracks you both never listened to, but are recommended by the app. You can read more about it in this article.

Keep in mind blends update daily. We suggest you make sure the Private Session is off, so the algorithm can gather enough info about your most recent listening activity. Also, make sure you're listening to music not only from other recommended playlists like Discover Weekly or Daily Mix, but through the Search option as well, so the tracks on the blend are more accurate through time.

If most of the music and episodes you listen to come from your personalized playlists (like Discover Weekly, Daily Mix, etc.) the new suggested content won't update as often. It's worth mentioning that blends update regularly, so please give them some breaks, explore actively some new music, and check in the coming weeks and let us know how it goes.

We'll be on the lookout!

AlejaRModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi AlejaR, 

Thanks for the reply.

My private listening is turned off, and I do listen to new music. However, the songs that are "added by me" in my blends are still not updating (but my friends songs are updating). 

I have tried many things and nothing seems to be working. I guess it's just a bug that will hopefully be fixed soon, but it's also weird how I can't seem to find others who have the same bug as me? Thanks for the suggestions given. I am not going to mark this as "accept as solution" for the time being in case I still want to come back in the future (whether the bug is fixed or not), if that's okay?

Thanks again. 

Hey @twisturtle,

Thanks for your reply. 

You can take the time you need to explore new music 🙂 As mentioned above, the idea is to check in the coming weeks if this behavior persists or changes, so no worries. In any case, do remember to listen to the playlists you've created through time and actively search for music in the app's search bar.

We'll always be here, just a post away.

Cheers!

AlejaRModerator

Hello, I am currently having the same issue with my blend. Me and my friend have created a blend, it took a few days to finally update daily. But now it's only showing 4 songs from me, and my friend has a full list of songs from what they listen to. It updated earlier today with different a few different songs and some old ones that have already been on the blend, but it has updated again around the afternoon but with the same 3 (1 song that I have only listen to once on accident) songs I had in my last blend.

I have waited a couple days for it to start flowing, it still shows a very few songs with some same ones from me even though I keep listing to different songs and artists. It also shows some old songs that I don't listen to often anymore, and ones that I have only listen to once. Even if there is a song me and my friend has both listened to before, it does not show that I even have listened to the song which isn't much of a big deal. 

What you have mentioned to fix it, I have done, and they haven't worked. I have blends with some Artists and unlike those blends they work just fine, even when my first blend was created with an artist that very day it worked fine and the day after. But for some reason it's totally different with my friend and I, maybe because it works different with artists and fans blends. But is this a glitch that needs some time to be fixed by the Spotify team? 

@틴틴 wrote:

Hello, I am currently having the same issue with my blend. Me and my friend have created a blend, it took a few days to finally update daily. But now it's only showing 4 songs from me, and my friend has a full list of songs from what they listen to. It updated earlier today with different a few different songs and some old ones that have already been on the blend, but it has updated again around the afternoon but with the same 3 (1 song that I have only listen to once on accident) songs I had in my last blend.

I have waited a couple days for it to start flowing, it still shows a very few songs with some same ones from me even though I keep listing to different songs and artists. It also shows some old songs that I don't listen to often anymore, and ones that I have only listen to once. Even if there is a song me and my friend has both listened to before, it does not show that I even have listened to the song which isn't much of a big deal. 

What you have mentioned to fix it, I have done, and they haven't worked. I have blends with some Artists and unlike those blends they work just fine, even when my first blend was created with an artist that very day it worked fine and the day after. But for some reason it's totally different with my friend and I, maybe because it works different with artists and fans blends. But is this a glitch that needs some time to be fixed by the Spotify team? 

i wanted to add that i have this same problem. Either no songs of mine show up in the blend or it's the same two songs in all of the blends 

Exactly I just checked my Spotify blend, and legit it only shows like 3 songs that has been forever on the blend. That's it just 3 songs........ out of my whole list of songs... I legit have listened to more artists than my friend. I might as well make a playlist and add my friend as a collaborator if it's going to keep acting like this. The only reason I did the blend was because it exposes songs that we haven't shown each other before.

My friend J and I made a blend a few months back. It seemed to be working fine. Fast forward to a few days ago, I invited 4 people to our blend, and it seemed to be working, the blend had songs from all 6 of us. However, the next day, the Spotify blend only showed songs from me and J (the one I already made the blend with) I waited for the next refresh but it still only shows 2 people's music.

Haha, glad to know I am not the only one having this problem now. It's still like this after a month! Super annoying ngl, but I do hope they fix it soon. 

Hello!

Having the same issue. It's not marking the songs that I've liked on the play list. And only marks the other user. 

It lists songs I've never listened to before as my song. 

There's advertising out there that kind of implies this list goes off of liked songs, so it's confusing when it grabs songs you've listened to but do not like at all to add to the blend as well. 

My blend is slightly working but it's still having issues, it doesn't even at least show a song I really love. More songs tho now, but just annoying. There's really no point so just live life and give up on this dumb feature.

I'm glad I found this post! It's been about 3 weeks since I've had a Spotify blend with 9 other friends (10 of us in total) and for about 2.5 weeks now none of my music had been added to the blend. Some songs of my friends will stay in the playlist for a long time but usually, there are updates but with only their music and never mine. I even left the blend and joined it again later and have been listening to a bunch of new music but nothing is working 😞  Perhaps because it is a big group there's an issue (but why is the issue only with me 😭 ).
It is weird though because I have another blend with just one friend and that one works, it updates and uses songs from both of us. Sometimes it takes a little while to update with new songs but overall it works. 

Hey folks,

Thank you for your reports.

We've forwarded them to the relevant team here at Spotify, however, we can't confirm when they will be addressed. In the meantime, please make sure to keep your app up-to-date on all devices.

Cheers,

MihailYModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I AM HAVING THIS SAME ISSUE ITS BEEN MONTHS AND I EVEN LEFT AND REJOINED AND ITS THE SAME 4 SONGS OF MINE EVERYDAY! Please help me 🤪

Suggested posts